Quintet III Speaker Help!!!

fishinguru708

Just purchased the Quintet III speaker and SUB-10 combo. Having a BIG problem with the satellite speakers....I have them all wall mounted and none of them stay in position without falling face down. I have tried tightening the 3 allen screws in the back with no luck. Nowhere in the instructions does it tell you how to tighten them down if you wall mount them. I understand they are more of a bookshelf speaker, but can also be mounted. One of the tech reps from Klipsch recommended to score the ball with sandpaper, or wrap the ball in a rubber sock for friction??? I should not have to go through this hassle to install a speaker on the wall. I am at my wits end with the issue, and with Super Bowl Sunday coming, I just may have to return them and go with another brand! Any help and suggestions would be great!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have (had) the same problem, I have read else where about, its a common problem. My solution was to buy some nice 7x8 inch brackets from Home Depot and mounting a piece of 8x8 pine on top. When it was done they looked great and only cost $30 for the pair.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope that helps

Nathan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

The "ball" is that metallic thing in the socket that connects the stand to the speaker right? Wouldn't putting super glue in there make it messy and kind of "permanent?" I'm afraid if I do put the glue in there, it would be impossible to clean if I ever needed to.

• 3 months later...

I had one of my quintet sl rear speaker "fall down". I called tech support and the told me to remove the 3 screws and bracket. Then sand the ball joint with sandpaper. After I did this and assembled the speaker it worked fine. Because I overtightened the screws the first go around and stripped them, Klipsch tech support was nice enough to ship me out three others.

• 14 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...