the detail, the incredible detail.

Speedball

..................with my new/used Peach of course.

For now it's the QSC PLX 1202 and the Peach with the Denon 2900 on my RF-7's and it is soooo different. Miss the tone controls? that was my biggest fear but no way no how.

Seems I'm hearing a lot more in the upper registers with much better imaging. The classical jazz/ instrumental I've been listening to all these years has taken a turn for the better. Every disc I play, I hear something new. My only complaint, if any, would be a tiny one, the bass seems to be just a little bit "rounded" meaning it does not have the slam of the lower notes, but that's OK because the highs are out of this world.

d**n you, you are enjoying the 'fruit' while I salivate. I'm not familiar with your amp nor RFs but I can not wait to hear my Peach and Mc freshly updated together. Next week can not come soon enough. Think the wife would have a problem if I took a week vacation and locked myself down in the cave?

Thats great Speed!!!!

Isn't it like being at a concert and just for a minute, taking out your earplugs? (OK, I look like a dork but I value my hearing and have always worn plugs at loud events)

JM linestages are extremely transparent and probably nicer than a lot of preamps costing 2-3X's the amount.......MY BBX 6H30 just blows me away every lp I spin...especially since I invested in a Lyra cart...every good recording is layered and deep...no smearing at all

enjoy!!!!

It is very much something to look forward to after working all day, the realism of the music is out of this world. Anybody on the fence about trying a tube preamp with their stuff really ought to give it a whirl. Pretty much takes the edge off and is much more listenable....[Y]

..................with my new/used Peach of course.

For now it's the QSC PLX 1202 and the Peach with the Denon 2900 on my RF-7's and it is soooo different. Miss the tone controls? that was my biggest fear but no way no how.

Seems I'm hearing a lot more in the upper registers with much better imaging. The classical jazz/ instrumental I've been listening to all these years has taken a turn for the better. Every disc I play, I hear something new. My only complaint, if any, would be a tiny one, the bass seems to be just a little bit "rounded" meaning it does not have the slam of the lower notes, but that's OK because the highs are out of this world.

I think that the Peach needs to be in the lowZ mode to drive a pro amp. I'll leave this up to Mark.

It is very much to look forward to after working all day, the realism of the music is out of this world. Anybody on the fence about trying a tube preamp with their stuff really ought to give it a whirl. Pretty much takes the edge off and is much more listenable....Yes

I certainly don't want to contradict a customer praising the product - - - but, if I could phrase this differently: It doesn't take the edge off, it simply never puts an edge ON. Big difference (to me). We don't intend with a modern tube design to artificially warmup, or ease off, or take any edge of any highs. We simply try to let it BE unmolested, and not add any smear, odd harmonics, or IM distortion. I think antique tube preamps often DO take the edge off because they have barely acceptable "speed" in the line stages and thus sound soft. The JM preamps are quite fast and use the MINIMAL number of active devices in the signal chain. Less devices = more clarity.

Sure appreciate the explanation Mark......[8]

It is very much to look forward to after working all day, the realism of the music is out of this world. Anybody on the fence about trying a tube preamp with their stuff really ought to give it a whirl. Pretty much takes the edge off and is much more listenable....Yes

I certainly don't want to contradict a customer praising the product - - - but, if I could phrase this differently: It doesn't take the edge off, it simply never puts an edge ON. Big difference (to me). We don't intend with a modern tube design to artificially warmup, or ease off, or take any edge of any highs. We simply try to let it BE unmolested, and not add any smear, odd harmonics, or IM distortion. I think antique tube preamps often DO take the edge off because they have barely acceptable "speed" in the line stages and thus sound soft. The JM preamps are quite fast and use the MINIMAL number of active devices in the signal chain. Less devices = more clarity.

Althjough my 70 plus hours a week in the auto industry keeps me away from my 3rd favorite diversion behind music and apeciation of the gentler of the species I have to chime in on Marks comment.

Dead on!

True the old pre z miss a bit but the Scott pre amps I have heard from Mssr Craig's updating are perhaps an exception to the lesser implementations.