Clean Power

Freedo

Hi I have 2 RW12Ds and i was wondering if this " Monster Home Theatre 2-Outlet Clean Subwoofer Power Center (MP SW200) " would be a good clean power suply...

Also If this " Monster Home Theatre 8-Outlet 8' Clean Power Chassis (MP HTS 1600) " would go with my Marantz SR8500...

Thanks for all the help

I have the Monster, and it did work as advertised. It cleaned up the picture quite a bit, but as far as sound, I didn't really notice anything. It has saved my system through a few bad storms, unexpected power outages, etc though. I like it, it's been great, but if I ever buy another one, I'm not sure I'll go with Monster again. No particular reason other than price. Monster tends to "overprice" their products..............

i love the energy drink, Monster. as far as the electronic Monster is conserned, i stay away from it. if you want a product that will truley clean your power, get anything from Furman. (www.furmansound.com). i have their 20pfi and it's the best thing i could have ever bought. it will pay for it self in a few years just by the way i set up all my gear. if you can't get a furman, go with panamax. they are sister companys and share technologies. panamax primarly does ht while furman does audio. panamax doesn't have any products that have power factor correction.

Even though I have heard great things about the Monster amps, I doubt I will ever buy one. (Monster, are you listening???) I have a voltage regulator and clean power unit. The AVS2000 has a buzz every now and then. 3yrs old, Monster will not service, replace, or sell parts for their units. Just sell you a new one. I already had the AVS replaced once because I bought it and it was "missing" the processor chip in it. They were nice enough to replace the unit for me. I was shocked. However, these courtesies will only go so far. I just want to but parts for my machines...... Call up Rotel and tell them you need a new Toroidal transformer, they will ship it to you. SOLD....

I built a design based on one of these - http://home.comcast.net/~thomasw_2/CheapskateBP1.html

Fun & simple if you're not spooked by line voltages, parts are easily available in Canada too. I guarentee it will outperform anything below the likes of the high end Furman balanced PSU or the Transcendent.

IMHO, most of the Monster & similar power solutions are comprised of nice packages containing literally pennies worth of electronic parts (generally a current inrush limiter and some caps).

Here's mine -

DSCF3557.jpg