My old DVD player broke I have a 1080I SharpAquos what brand of player would be the best

Dylanl

I guess Bluray but I don't care about buying Blu ray DVD ( Too expensive ). WHat is the up side? Is it that the Blu ray players upgrade the old DVD's? Some have said SOny PS3 or Sony S550.

I can get an old time Toshiba for abot 50.00 please help me see why I woul;d want tospend the extra.

Panasonic DVD-S52 - HDMI - upscales to 1080i like a champ - looks super on MY Sharp AQUOS 1080i LCD.

Cost around $69 if you can find one -

When I bought my OPPO I retired one of my Panasonics and gave it to a bud for $50 - He is a VERY happy guy...

The upgrade is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882103384

82-103-384-01.jpg

Original Price: $89.99 You Save: $7.00

$82.99

Free Shipping*

At NewEgg as we type...

I don't think Blu-Rays are that much more to rent? But really, if you don't see the value in a Blu-ray, then by all means stick with the Toshiba. Personally, I will never purchase another regular DVD movie again, and only rent one if I have no other choice, but that's just me. Not trying to be elitist or anything, it's just I bought an HDTV so I could watch Hi-Definition.

Panasonic DVD-S52 - HDMI - upscales to 1080i like a champ - looks super on MY Sharp AQUOS 1080i LCD.

Cost around $69 if you can find one -

When I bought my OPPO I retired one of my Panasonics and gave it to a bud for $50 - He is a VERY happy guy...

The upgrade is: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882103384

82-103-384-01.jpg

Original Price: $89.99 You Save: $7.00

$82.99

Free Shipping*

At NewEgg as we type...

This sems like a good deal for me for the time being I think.