Las Get New Juice:-)

kaiser SET say

True dat Bill, but outside of esoteric stuff wood seems to be a thing of the past with a lot of manufacturers[:(]

Heck this old HK is all metal but very pretty, I can't get over how quite she is. Same with start up and powering down! I would rather spend this $100.00 before buying any of that black box junk from the mass outlets[;)]

• Moderators

Besides, restoring them is fairly interesting and engaging and fun.

Maby for you, I would have about as much luck as making a new one from an empty soda can !

Really I thought it would have not been that much more expensive, never compared how they were made internally, wouldn't know what 90% of the parts did anyway.

I have a HK 930 and it sounds much better than the newer models, to me the newer models sounded dull and lifeless.

• Moderators

I would have about as much luck as making a new one from an empty soda can !

Well, ya big dummy, everyone knows you gotta use a FULL soda can, this way the sound keeps all its fizzzzzzzzzzzzzz

See I had NO clue ! [:$]

Kaaiser--

What model is that?

It's the HK670, 70WPC supposed to have been the 1979 flagship. Not sure if it's as nice as the earlier 330 to 930 twin series but I'm very pleased with the return on my Ben Franklin[:D] She runs dead quite, no pops or clicks during startup or turn off. I'm sure she could stand a thorough cleaning but right out of another box after 30 years I'm pleased and so seems the Las[Y]

P.S. Lest we get too carried away with nostalgia - - they sound "ok", but clearly not up to today's best sounding audio gear.

That's not my experience at all whatsoever. I guess it depends exactly what you are comparing though I'll grant you that. As a blanket statement it's nonsense to claim that modern junk is better than the classics of hi-fi.