HELP WITH SETTINGS FOR MY RW 12D SUB

BUBBASAX420

I HAVE A ONKYO 805 RUNNING MY HT AND MY SETTINGS FOR MY SUB ARE THIS. SUB VOLUME -10 SUB HRTZ 90 PHASE 0 AND IT IS SET TO DEPTH, RECEIVER SETTINGS ARE SUB LEVEL -10 AND BASS TONE CONTROLL IS AT 9 AND THE SUB HRTZ IS AT 80, I HAVE A LARGE ROOM AND THE SUB SOUNDS GREAT!!!!!!! BUT I DONT KNOW IF IT COULD SOUND BETTER BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO COMPARE IT TOO. NONE OF MY CLOSE FRIENDS HAVE HT TO COMPARE SOUND AGAINST SO I DONT KNOW IF MY LEVELS ARE GOOD OR IF I COULD SET THEM DIFFRENT FOR BETTER SOUND HERE IS A LINK TO VIEW MY HT. ANY THOUGHTS???????????

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/gallery.php?member=BUBBASAX420&folderid=704

Welcome, have you tried experimenting with turning down the bass tone control and upping the volume of the sub? Experimentation is the best thing to do and then keep it where you like it. I continusly change my setting around trying to see if one thing is better than the last, and write down or keep record of the settings that I am happy with. There is no set standard to settings...really. IMO

THANK YOU SO MUCH, I JUST RASED THE BASS TONE THE OTHER NIGHT I WILL LISTEN TO SOME SELECT KLIPS OF MOVIES AND ADJUST FROM THERE BEING SURE TO WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN AND ADJUST ACCORDINGLY. I JUST DIDNT KNOW IF SOME OF YOU GUYS HAD THE SUB AND WHAT YOUR SETTINGS ARE. IM NEW TO THE HIGH END HT AND LOVE IT AND LOVE MY SPEAKERS IM JUST A ROOKIE WITH QUESTIONS THANKS AGAIN

Thanks to the advice of mr Tnrabbit i made a divider last night to help with the stairway sucking bass down and robbing me of my sound.I used a 3/4 inch thick wood panel covered on both sides by sound foam and wrapped it in black cloth so it looks cool , it is about 4 feet long and 4 feet high so it can block that gap.WOW I mean WOW what a diffrence I think I know now why people like 12 inch or bigger subs the bass was so clean and strong.I watched about 6 diffrent movie klips with my fav bass seens and holy sh-- . thanks for the advice BUBBA