Floor standing rear speakers

alynmar

I am using KLF-10s as my mains, A KSW-10 sub, and a C-7 center channel. Finally have the $$$ for a set of rear speakers and would like an opinion on any Klipsch floor standing models that could be used as the surrounds vs the RC-3s since wall mounting would be a big problem in my listening room.

Thanks for your input.

------------------

I agree with DD. I run KLF30s for both my mains and my surrounds. Since all your channels are full range, why not use a full range speaker?? Also, I DO NOT run a second set of surrounds for home theatre. My surrounds are just behind my listening area and toed in about 60 degrees or so. This covers my listening area quite well, plus it's great with 5 channel stereo, if you own a receiver capable of that.

------------------

KLF-30 mains

KLF-C7 denter

KLF-30 surrounds

KSP-S6 rear center

KSW200 subwoofer

Denon AVR5800

Pioneer Elite DV-09

Pioneer Elite PD-F19

RCA DTC1000

Denon MD1000

Vidikron Epoch D-600

Vutec 100" 4:3 1.5 gain

The KSF S5's are the correct rear surround match for the KLF 10's as indicated in your Klipsch manual(rather then the rs3's)and can be easily located for now should you decide to tackle your wall problem.

I have the KLF 30's in front with the 10's and S5's in the rear. The s5's are good movie surrounds when I watch a flying movie with a lot of planes flying overhead.

The 10's are a lot better overall, IMO. 5 channel stereo really kicks butt with 4 towers and a C7 too.

I started with the 10's for mains then moved them to the rear when I bough the KLF 30's and couldn't be happier. I would suggest buying a pair of KLF 20's or 30's and putting the 10's in the rear if poss.

Thanks for the responses.

What about using a pair of RF-3s as the rears with the KLF 10's or would the differences in the speakers be a killer? Someone also suggested using RB 5s as a rear pair.

quote:

Originally posted by ColaBear:

I agree with DD. I run KLF30s for both my mains and my surrounds. Since all your channels are full range, why not use a full range speaker?? Also, I DO NOT run a second set of surrounds for home theatre. My surrounds are just behind my listening area and toed in about 60 degrees or so. This covers my listening area quite well, plus it's great with 5 channel stereo, if you own a receiver capable of that.

The deal on the KLF10s is only good thru 2/28/01. Price $550.00 per PAIR. Check their web site for locations, call for shipping info.

quote:

Originally posted by lerajie:

Where is this Sound Advice you speak so highly of? I am very interested in getting two KLF-10's for under $600.

Where is this Sound Advice you speak so highly of

Hey lerajie, sorry for the delay. Sounds like the sale is over (2-28). Don't know if this is so, when I was in the store (Tallahassee, FL) the salesman told me they were closing them out untill they were gone.

You might give them a call. Let me know if I can do anything to help since someone says they don't sell over the internet. They are right around the corner form me.

I find this to be an excellent store with very friendly & knowlegable staff, ask for Evan. He's the manager & will bend over backwards to help you!

PS: They told me they were not planning anything with the 20's or 30's #*!%!!!!