is this just insane or possible

DU73

ok - i wanted to post pics of my HT set up to help explain this but as some of you know my camera is out of action at the moment.. well not the camera as such.. not that I think anyway.

My plasma screen, 42 inch panny is sitting on a lowline cabinet and have the RC35 below the screen, the cabinet has a cut out where you can fit a speaker or whatever. but this just fits my RC35. so all is cool.

If I do get a RC64 where am I supposed to put it.

Ideally either below or above the screen right. well below is no good and above is no good. Also the plasma can not go on the wall as there is a window behind the tv.

So my question is.. and I can not believe I am asking this, which I am sure a few of you are reading this and thinking.. dont ask it man... ok.. is it ok to put the panny on top of the centre channel...

other option would be to construct a woodern thingy around the speaker and put the tv on that.

or the other possibility would be to put the speaker on its side.

Why these problems... I guess these are good problems to have..

ps.. i have seen tv's on belles on this site.. but belle and rc64 is like comparing a pet cat with a lion I guess.

I've been struggling with this same proble. The location where my center channel is now blocks about an inch and a half or 2 of the speakers and horn. I'd like to get it off of that shelf and place is under the TV to get it up a little higher but I don't want to set my DLP on my RC7. I'd also like to mount it on top but I'm at a loss.....so needless to say.....I've left the center in a not so ideal location.

I was going through "lets see your home theatre" thread yesterday (its scary the amount of time I spend of this site) and most of the tv's were the older style, I am sure many people still have them. but I was thinking how many systems have changed since they posted their pics.. and where did they place their centre channel.

Not everyone has a dedicated HT room, so if you have a screen then you have no probs - just put the centre channel on a stand.. but not all of us are so lucky. If I ever buy a house again the first thing I would be looking at is not the bedroom, kitchen or backyard but the HT room and it must have 4 corners and be big enough to fit 5 la scalas and a couple of klipsch THX subs, gees that sounds like someones HT setup on this site. [:D]

I don't see why it wouldn't work to set your TV on top of it. Obviously put some kind of material between the two so that the TV doesn't scratch the RC-64 but your TV can't weigh that much to come close to hurting the 64. Raising it higher than your current center speaker will put it at closer to the same height as the tweeters on your side speakers, which is a good thing. Then you can put your PS3 where your old center speaker is.

• Moderators

First off do you have a chainsaw ? [:P]

Just kidding, I agree with Wuzzer. If you don't feel comfortable with the TV on the 64 maby build a shelf stained to match that table, that would hold the 64 and put the TV on it ?

I'm not saying it can't be done but having a quick look at the weight of 42 in plasma I would consider an alternative route. Even though the RC64 is built well I don't think it was built to have a 65 lb TV sitting on it. I know it has internal bracings and what not but it scares the heck out of me. Like i said earlier I've thought about moving my center channel and possible placing my TV (65 in DLP 73 lbs) on my speaker and I'm worried that after awhile the weight of the TV might damage the structure of the speaker. Just my opinoin though.