Heresy Slant Monitors

BEC

I thought some here might like to see these Heresy Slant Monitors. I got these three Heresys with some other stuff I bought. They came out of a church. First of these I have ever seen.

All are 1984 models with standard late model Heresy 1 parts. K-22-K woof, K-53-K squawkers, K-77M tweeters and Type E-2 crossovers. Actually, they were missing the tweeters when I got them, so I have installed some rebuilt K-77Ms.

Bob Crites

post-9312-13819446088968_thumb.jpg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting speakers. I guess if Klipsch figures that Heresies sound fine lying on their sides, my Heresy III centre channel doesn't have any theoretical sound issues because it's lying on its side below the TV.

You know, those theoretical issues that can be hard to actually hear. [8-|]

Thanks for sharing, Bob.

BTW, they're marked as having 86dB at 1 watt, somewhat lower than most Heresies. Could it be due to the smaller cabinet size, and is the difference audible to you?

Bob, thanks for sharing. "Superior Sound", the Klipsch dealer in Syracuse, NY in the 70s and 80s sold those when they were available. A friend of mine bought a pair in raw birch around 1980-1982 time frame. I may be off by a couple of years. They were unique to everyone else's heresys and well thought of. They were more expensive at the time too but I can't remember the prices anymore. That squawker drvier doesn't look familiar to me.

BTW, they're marked as having 86dB at 1 watt, somewhat lower than most Heresies. Could it be due to the smaller cabinet size, and is the difference audible to you?

Pro products are specified at 10ft. not 1 Meter. Bob's MWM cabs read "99 db/Watt" in the back but they are more like 105. With twin MWMs cabs on top of each other (equal to the original MWM non-split) you get 108 db/watt at 1M and 102 db at 10 ft.

Well, I hooked the 3 HSMs up and the drivers all work. Compared a pair of them to a pair of Heresy 1s and sound is about the same. I don't need these. If someone around here close wants them, let's talk. I will make you a good deal on these. I do no want to ship them. They are heavy and the shape is so awkward that I don't even want to think about packing them for shipment.

I think that there could be some very interesting installation options for these. You could put them in corners oriented vertically, they could be on a floor along a wall angled up, or, on a wall up against the ceiling angled down.

Bob Crites

bobcrites@mac.com

you would actually WANT a different sound dispersion for a slanted monitor cabinet than a stereo speaker. The narrow horizontal dispersion helps the engineer aim the sound field toward the performer and keep the sound out of adjacent mics to reduce feedback.

Well, that totally makes sense. Thanks, Michael.

Pro products are specified at 10ft. not 1 Meter. Bob's MWM cabs read "99 db/Watt" in the back but they are more like 105. With twin MWMs cabs on top of each other (equal to the original MWM non-split) you get 108 db/watt at 1M and 102 db at 10 ft.

That totally makes sense, too. Thanks, Claude.

BTW, would the 108dB sensitivity of the 510/K-69 or the 402/K-69 be at 1m or 10ft?