Heresy Slant Monitors

BEC

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill and I seem to be right together with me at 1.75 cu. ft and Bill at 1.77 cu. ft. If we are right, these are real close to the volume of a standard Heresy I which I had at 1.82 cu. ft. None of those numbers take into acount the volume of the drivers, but those are approximately the same for both the HSM and standard Heresy. So, I see no reason the bass should be any very different between them. In my short listening comparison between a pair of the HSM and a pair of my standard Heresy 1s, there was no apparant difference between them in bass.

Bob

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...

Had to hear it for myself. Did this tonite with a local 'for sale' person. Explained what I wanted to do and he was agreeable. Met at my house. Tried both HR1 std enclose and my HSM Industrials. Placed just one out of the corner on a chair making note of the bass response. Tried different level and volumes. No A-B switch but could easily tell. Balance all the way to the test side. 2 sets of ears. NO DIFFERENCE!   Mr. Crites, you are correct!