The latest CD/Album you've purchased?

jacksonbart

A little dumpster diving here. Stopped into J&R Music world last night as they were having a $6.99 sale on Jazz cds last night. Sony/BMG label asnd some Blue Note issues. Picked up the following goodies, the ones I can remember. [:D]

Oscar Peterson plays Count Basie

Blossom Dearie

Best of Peggy Lee

Stan Getz Plays for Lovers Vol I & II

Louis Armstrong For Lovers

Cd prices are dropping like a stone, in the pop section they had cds by the Doors, Dead, Airplane, Dylan, Little Feat, Talking Heads etc... all for $6.99 as well. Select cds for $4.99. I picked up the first Journey album just for the song Kahoutek for $4.99. The music industry must be getting crushed.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our school library decided to toss almost all of their LPs. I've picked up a few. The covers on most of them are BEAT, but the condition of the vinyl is very good.

Julian Bream in Concert / RCA Victor RED SEAL (actually got two of these)

Jean-Pierre Rampal and Lily Laskine / Odyssey

Norman Blake & The RIsing Fawn String Ensemble / Rounder (Norman and his wife live less than an hour from me and are really laid back. THis one is almost mint, including the jacket)

The Copenhagen String Quartet - Sibelius String Quartet in D minor and Berwald String Quartet No. 2 / Turnabout VOX

Widor: Symphony No. 5 in F minor and Symphony no. 9 in C minor, Marcel Dupre / Westminster HiFi

Music for Organ and Brass, E Power Biggs and the Boston Brass Ensemble / Columbia

Glen Miller - The Nearness of You / RCA Collectors Issue

Virgil Fox plays the Philharmonic Hall organ at Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts/ Command Classics (original recorded on 35mm mag film)

Fats Domino - Fats on Fire / ABC-Paramount

I got a few more - Charles Ives (a 12 inch and a 7 inch lp), Villa-Lobos, Emerson Lake & Palmer, haven't dug through the rest yet.

One of the guys in my office, whose wife graduated from the school and whose father taught music there, took home about 28 boxes.

Bruce

I am not even going to begin going through all of the ones that I managed to get during the little outing we had at the end of April at Larry C's place.

I've also downloaded quite a few albums via eMusic and now beginning to preview and dowload some music via LaLa.com as well.

However, the most recent physical album I've bought was Edguy's new one - Tinnitus Sanctus:

61bgLn8Zi-L._SS400_.jpg