The latest CD/Album you've purchased?

jacksonbart

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ed Palermo Big Band's latest album - 'Eddy Loves Frank'. Great tribute album of Frank Zappa's work. He came to Baltimore a few years ago for a release party for his last album, 'Take Your Clothes Off...' (another Zappa tribute) and squeezed his +10 pc. band onto a very small stage at the Sonar yet still managed to put on a great show. The band plays almost exclusively in NYC and I highly recommend checking it out if you ever get the chance.

I also picked up a very nice promo copy of the Dave Brubeck Quartet's "Anything Goes' yesterday but I haven't had a chance to give it a spin yet.

Ok I learned a new lesson. If you see a record you really want and it is rare BUY IT. I went back to an antique mall to pick up a 78 set that I decided I should buy but didn't. It was a great bound soundtrack of the Hitchcock movie Spellbound. The soundtrack has lots of Theremin which I really like. You guessed it the 78s were gone [:'(] . Lesson learned.

Ok I learned a new lesson. If you see a record you really want and it is rare BUY IT. I went back to an antique mall to pick up a 78 set that I decided I should buy but didn't. It was a great bound soundtrack of the Hitchcock movie Spellbound. The soundtrack has lots of Theremin which I really like. You guessed it the 78s were gone [:'(] . Lesson learned.

You're right about that!

Ten Years After Live at the Filmore East (1970). Released in 2001.

One has to like long jam session rock n roll to enjoy this one. Stunning how great some bands were back then.

Alvin Lee is so fast on the guitar......

Hey Schu! I saw Robert Fripp and the League of Gentlemen twice here in NYC. Quite the contrast in styles, Fripp sitting stock still on a barstool playing these incredible runs on his Les Paul, while Sara Lee jumping around playing bass with her orange spiked hair. LOL Johnny Too Bad on Drums and the keyboard player from XTC completed the group. An interesting show needless to say. Thanks for the flashback. [:)]

German Music for Trombones, Triton Trombone Quartet, BIS-CD-644, German Music for Trombones:

TRITON TROMBONE QUARTET: German Trombone Music

Includes Heinrich Isaac's A la Bataglia --

. Note the smaller, higher-pitched alto trombone.

It also contains Schutz's fabulous Fili mi, Absalon. However, the following Youtube segment is not from the album, not played by Tritone, and has no video --

. Oh my son Absalom! Would I had died instead of thee.

Just this morning - made a few new aquisitions for the ever growing collection:

Finally, got the actual CD of this:

Stratovarius - Polaris:

61oq4yFBk0L._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Also got as CD:

Epica - The Classical Conspiracy (Seen these guys several times. This is an interesting melding of classical and heavy metal, though. This is a live performance, with a full symphony orchestra):

61SehUBYDJL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Heaven and Hell - The Devil You Know:

5144zL7E%2BRL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Nightwish - End of an Era (I got the special "limited edition" that includes both a DVD and two CDs):

513tGTEtVhL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

picked up 4 180 gram LP's this morning listening to #2 right now,

1 uriah heep, deamons and wizards (terriable recording, actually wish i could return this one)

2. rodrigo y gabriella (self title, wonderful acoustic guitar, a really SWEEEEEETTTTT version of stairway to heaven, no vocals)

3 van morrison (back to black, live in concert 1973)

4. van morrison (keep it simple)

i sure hope the van morrisons sound better than uriah heep !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joe

That's a drag about Demons and Wizards! IMHO, that was a great Uriah Heep album! I still have the original, bought when I was a teenager..remember cranking it over and over while rebuilding the transmission on my Yamaha 360 Enduro! Those were the days!