Thorens resto teaser

capo72

I just got this back from the body shop! I'm finally at the turning point where it's going back together! The Mercedes Benz silver metallic TD-124 is going to get pimped out with an SME 3009 and Zu audio DL-103 all mounted in a custom Mahogany heavy plinth and trimmed with some PBL's. More to come!

Jeremy

post-17815-1381944622084_thumb.jpg

Oh man Pete, my side are still hurting from the laughing after seeing that pic. Looks like you put a little work into that. I've been on the fence with this project. I've had this table for about 5 years paid $150 for it. It's really in good shape, just needed going through. The original paint was pretty decent, it just had a couple of chips around the speed controller that really bothered me. I waffled back and forth on going this route. There are just so many nice original appearing TD-124's out there that I just finally decided to be different. I'm sure some purists won't like what I have in the works. With the recent increase in popularity and value of these tables it was a tough call, but I just decided to make me happy. While I don't think i'll take it quite as far as you rendition, it will be quite a departure from stock.

Jeremy

I've got to quote the Cool Kids on that one:

Chuck got the red wheels and the white mags, but it's all good

I got the gold hundred spokes like Boys in the Hood

With the lime green frame, dollars on the bike seat

Handlebar grips is the same as my Nikes

In the mold, the gold I use for my spokes

And the frame, the same as I use for my chain