What is everybody drinking tonite?????????

winchester21

I'm currently incarcerated at the Betty Ford clinic and the pickings here are VERY slim. You'd think with what this place costs that there would be more amenities, and a better selection of meds and cleaning products. So far all I've managed to obtain are two pints of rubbing alcohol, a large bottle of Lavoris mouthwash, some cough syrup, and half a tube of model airplane glue. It's gonna be one hell of a hangover.

BUT, they let me bring my Fortes and my Muddy Waters and Jimi Hendrix collections!

"...I'm drinkin' T&T, I'm smokin' dynomite..."

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel about as left out on this thread as the 'what are you listening to RIGHT NOW' thread.

I'm usually not listening to anything and not drinking anything. 

Oh well....

I was hesitant to write that I'm drinking Iced Tea. I gave up drinking a few months ago--met an awesome woman that I really care about. Alcohol has brought a lot of pain in her life (Mother and brother alcoholics), she knew I drank beer and never asked me to stop; but, knowing how much pain she has lived with due to alcohol, it was a no-brainer to "retire" from drinking. Besides, I was having some stomach trouble that was seriously being aggrevated by the beer.

But, I did my 20+ years of drinking, and should be in the Moosehead Hall of Fame--I'm sure that I've paid for their CEO's home from the beer that I bought over the years.

So, I'm now toasting my forum brothers with an ice tea. Tomorrow, maybe a lemonade.

I feel about as left out on this thread as the 'what are you listening to RIGHT NOW' thread.

Oh well....

I was hesitant to write that I'm drinking Iced Tea. I gave up drinking a few months ago--met an awesome woman that I really care about. Alcohol has brought a lot of pain in her life (Mother and brother alcoholics), she knew I drank beer and never asked me to stop; but, knowing how much pain she has lived with due to alcohol, it was a no-brainer to "retire" from drinking. Besides, I was having some stomach trouble that was seriously being aggrevated by the beer.

But, I did my 20+ years of drinking, and should be in the Moosehead Hall of Fame--I'm sure that I've paid for their CEO's home from the beer that I bought over the years.

So, I'm now toasting my forum brothers with an ice tea. Tomorrow, maybe a lemonade.

Very cool. Congratulations!

Thinking about doing sone spicy japanese baby back ribs tonite with some raw tuna/wasabi on the side.

Not a saki man

I am eyeballing a bottle of Mollydooker-the Boxer--2006- It's chances of making it though the night are slim to none.

I you like a big jacked up Shirazz that is like getting hit by a train- give it a try- very popular down here.

More Marquis/Phillips mischief.

• Moderators

Oh well....

Although an interesting read, I'm with you both. I gave up drinking when I was pregnant, didn't really miss it. Post-pregnancy I tried the whole "social drinking" thing again when it dawned on me that there wasn't really any point to it - at least for me. It's expensive, it makes you do and/or say dumb things, it deteriorates your health, and makes you feel crappy when you're done. Nope, nothing to miss there. I haven't had an alcoholic drink in about 4 years.

Not judging any one else, of course. After all, mom likes her wine :)

wow - we sure do a lot of night drinking around here. onto our 8th page in only a few days.. no wonder our posts are not making any sense anymore..

is it a lot of people drinking or a few people drinking a lot.

Only speaking for myself - I try to not miss a day [8-|] If I didn't drink beer/wine/wiskey, I'd probably drink iced tea or just water.

Recently finished a bottle of Canadian Club Sherry Cask. Doing my reclyclers duty and returning the glass. Last night opened a new and rare bottle of Jim Beam Distillers Choice. Really nice. Of course that was after a couple Dos Equis XX Amber. Finished a weekend painting project and was relaxing in the accomplishment.

Perhaps I really do need to go to the Betty Ford Clinic!

I stopped in at duty free in San Juan today and picked up the following...

2 bottles of Bombay Sapphire at $14.00 each (It's almost summer and time for Gin&Tonics).

Cointreau at $16.00 (It's almost summer and time for Margueritas).

Drambuie at $28. (I was out).

That booze in Virginia would have cost me over twice what I paid in PR. Off to make a rusty nail....and to celebrate my savings. I think some classical guitar or Django might sound good right about now.

I go back next week and I'm thinking bourbon. (After all, it's almost summer and time for Mint Juleps. BTW, no deals on cigars).

Enjoying a Knob Creek and coke. A wonderful slab of mahi mahi is soaking in OJ and italian salad dressing waiting for the charcoal.

When it is ready I will pop the my latest find- a lovely Sav Blanc- 2007 Pomelo from Oakville CA- cheap- about 12.00

Very smooth- loaded with citrus- drinks well- far above the price point.

For the record- Drinking does not make me any more sophiscated or worldly than someone who chooses to abstain.

Choosing to abstain does not make the next guy/lady any more sensible or otherwise superior to me because I choose to indulge.

Now- My Cabernet stash has taken some major hits over the last 4 months- Any reccomendations of a good one for under 30 bucks??