KG4's for 2 Channel

willland

Just make sure all four "poly" 8" woofers are working, as those seem to be the driver that poops out first.

I found a dead driver in my pair and it was not very easy to tell that it was inoperative.

You can usually find a single replacement on ebay if needed for about $25 each, if you are a good shopper and patient.

Good Luck!

Thanks alot for all the comments. I am on a mini vacation and they are still sitting in the trunk of our car. When I do get them home I am not sure if I will hook them up to to my Adcom/B&K setup or hook them up to my Onkyo's zone 2.

Bill

Finally got home and thoroughly dusted off the KG4's and cleaned the finish with some Formby's Lemon oil cleaner. Wow, what a difference. Brought that walnut oil finish right back to life. Then I hooked them up to my Onkyo and B&K amp and switched the setting to direct without the sub and put on a cd of classical guitar called "Celtic Moods" by Brad Prevedoros. Wow again. Plenty of bass and really precise acoustic guitar sound. I use this cd as a reference for all new configurations. I really believe I scored a great pair of speakers for $150.00. No cracks or dents on woofers or surrounds. Only minor knicks(tiny splintering)on the edges that I took care of with a furniture touch up marker. I'll post pictures soon.

Bill

I sold a set that looked horrible but sounded excellent for $100.00. And when I say horrible I mean they had been dark stained Oak someone painted black and then tried to strip it back off and did a really bad job of it left a lot of paint in the grain and hard to get areas several chips and dings but the sound was fantastic. They don't get super loud but very nice sounding. I'd say good score.