Cornscala - Again

CIGARBUM

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is the final resting place for those -- into the corners where the Belles are sitting? I assumed some room gain for the low end when I set the attenuation levels for the Trachorn and Beyma. The single back wall might be enough, but you won't know until you fire them up. They may end up sounding the best placed in corners.

I'm not sure where they will go, I'll have to see where they sound the best, upstairs or stay down stairs and move the Belles upstairs. Don't have a clue where to put the Cornwalls. I'll find somewhere.

Again I welcome all comments.

Going to make up a list of costs, I'm afraid to do this.

Really nice job Bob, but what did you do with the Cigarbum and who is this gent? Get that bottle and sweaty armpit OFF! All kidding aside that is one hell of a piece of work Bob. Can't wait to see in person and maybe even listen to them.

Contrats,

Mike

Micheal, no fear, the Cornwalls will remain within my humble walls.

Dean, great pictures, I hope they have the little tags that indicate what wire goes where.

We need to have an "Fire It Up Party" If anyone is interested, maybe Sat or Sun they will be hooked up and ready to sing. I can have food and drink, and cigars. Over nighters are OK, got enough room for 3 couples or six singles. Not sure who would want to sleep with who, nobody get in my bed except me and the two cats. So your all invited. It would be interesting to get different opinions of what my systems sound like.

Hoping to see you this weekend

CB

Well I guess their done. My eyes are satisfied, now just have to see if the ears will pass the test. I'm not sure where the final resting place will be. The first playing will be downstairs with the MC7200N and the MX113 and them they'll go upstairs with the MC275 and the C-29. Both places are totally different types of rooms. Depending on how they sound the only possible decision may be that I would have to get tube stuff for the downstairs and get rid of the MC7200 and MX113, that sounds expensive.

Dean has suggested that I take it easy on them for the first few days, I'll just run them at an idle for awhile. I'll let you all know how they sound very soon.

Me thinks the next project will be to reveneer my Cornwalls with some nice Rosewood.

Again, thanks to all.

CB

post-32367-1381945535659_thumb.jpg

You have to understand that I have about 4 more ways to listen. Cornscala downstairs, Cornscala upstairs, Belles upstairs and a couple others. First, I made the decision how to construct mine, not exactly like the other guys, slight differences, size, shape and components. I gave birth to these things, but being total objective, so far they are amazing, next to the Belles, same location, same amp, warner and richer.

I just have to fine the proper location so they sound the best to me.

I will report back later

CB