Cornscala - Again

CIGARBUM

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dean, Did you see my second link. Only ones of those I can find that are any good. And I have bought dozens of different ones. Most have reduced the metal content of the barrel to the point at a good crimper won't work on them any more. Good fork lugs are really difficult to find. I have found some discontinued ones that were made the old way with the thick metal barrel. I bought 7000 of them.

Bob

These are going to be big mother's, I guess that's OK. I think the next step will be to install the woofer, horn and tweeter into the motor boards, I have dry fitted and they fit very nicely. I'm not going to install motor boards in cabinets till after getting the veneering done, I would end up sticking my foot through the woofer or something real stupid.

post-32367-13819447171662_thumb.jpg

I kind of like Mike's idea, but other solutions could be.

1. Drill a hole through the top of bass bin and spacer between bass bin and HF cabinet and bottom of HF cabinet, course if you ever wanted to seperate the two, there may be a problem.

2. Put some binding posts on the back of the bass bin and run a jumper to crossover, if you wanted to seperate, just disconnect wire, or if I put a back in the HF cabinet install another set of binding posts to the crossover.

3. I've seen some that have installed a hidden plug, where you just plug the top to the bottom. I guess you would need locator pins and such. Sounds like too much work.

When I have to think about some of this stuff it makes my head hurt.

I'm open for other ideas.

CB