Cornscala - Again

CIGARBUM

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very good! This is where it really gets to be fun. I'm very happy with the way mine turned out, but I have begun thinking about a second pair of cabinets (cleaning up the one or two minor flaws) with a veneer this time. I do like the black finish, so I may go with Ash with a black stain. But I've always had a thing for Walnut, so I may go with that. Plenty of time to think it over as that will be a project for next winter. In the meantime, sometime soon I'll pick up some samples, practice techniques, and try different stains.

Works of Art there Dean.

Very pretty layout and I like the way you route your wiring. It's very easy to read what's going on with your networks. Looks like you took a lot of time and care in the preparation and assembly. Really nice photography too! [8-|]

WOW that veneer is beautiful and equally nice job of laying out the pieces so the grain stripes are contiguous.

These are going to be something to be really proud of.

BTW, the stuffing is only to reduce cabinet resonances. The 'increased apparent volume' is gotten by stuffing the entire enclosure, generally only used for smaller sealed cabinets. You would normally not completely stuff a bass reflex bin. What you've done is perfect.

Michael

DeanG

I don't know what did you use to screw this air inductors. If screws are made of brass then ok, but if it is steel then you have changed inductance of the inductors.

LOL, no worries -- I've been doing this a while. :) BTW, it doesn't have to be brass, you can also use stainless steel.

Well we're getting down to the short strokes. Just finishing up a few last details. The grill frames are complete and Dean's crossovers will be here very soon. I would like to take this opportunity to again thank those who have contributed to my project; Dean - crossovers, Bob - woofers and grill cloth, Al - for the trachorn and the many others that have given me the necessary guidance and support. I guess the last would be to Klipsch for the inspiration to build thes speakers.

There goes the pictures;

post-32367-13819455154962_thumb.jpg