Harman Kardon AVR 354

tommyboy

Does anyone own this receiver? I'm thinking, just thinking, about selling my Pioneer to get this one. I am totally digging the sound of my PA 2100 I just picked up, but at the same time, Id hate to sell my Pioneer, which I love, and get the AVR 354, and there not be much of a sound difference. Thoughts???

Does anyone own this receiver? I'm thinking, just thinking, about selling my Pioneer to get this one. I am totally digging the sound of my PA 2100 I just picked up, but at the same time, Id hate to sell my Pioneer, which I love, and get the AVR 354, and there not be much of a sound difference. Thoughts???

Get the HK 254 and use it (pre out) in conjunction with the Pioneer (It does have 7.1 input, doesn't it?). That way you have full use of both. The BluRay can be connected to the HK. You'll love the HK for clarity of sound and HDMI capability. Inexpensive way out too.

Frank

I have the AVR 354 and Love it. It has had it's ups and downs but H/K has fixed most of the bugs with the firmwear update. The output is rated at 75 WPC but it is under rated. I trialed an Onkyo 806 and choose the H/K because it sounded much clearer. Great AVR for a great price.