RB-35's temporarily pulling main duty

Youthman

• Moderators

Two weeks ago, I pulled out all my equipment because I knew we would be building the risers and the cabinets were going to be installed. Last week, we built the risers but no cabinets. This week, no cabinets. Two weeks without music was getting rough. Tonight I realized, why not hook up the Yammie, the PS3 and use my RB-35's as mains just so I could listen to something until the cabinets are installed. The rears had been mounted and installed but I had not connected my bananna plugs to the wires that terminate at the receiver end. Once that was finished, I hooked it up and was really impressed with them. No sub, just them playing by themselves. Lots of volume, very good bottom end (especially for a bookshelf and especially since they are 6 feet off the ground). I went to the front of the room and stood up and they sounded ok, but as I walked closer to the middle of the room where my theater seats are, they sounded sweeter and sweeter. Even sitting down with them firing at the back of my head, they actually sound very nice. I had questioned if they would be mounted too high and if the 10 degrees would be enough. I think they are going to rock as rear speakers. Just wanted to share anyone looking for a great sounding bookshelf speaker, the RB-35's should definitely be considered.

Hey Youth,

I bought a pair at Sound Advice($250.00/pair) right before I found my RF-63's. I had them about three weeks before I returned them. Returning them was the only way my wife would give her blessing to get the 63's. I had them set up with the RC-62 and they sounded great. Even as a 2 channel setup with or without the sub they rocked. I really tried to convince her to let me keep them. I knew SA would eventually run out of 35's if they kept that sale on. They did not long after I returned them. My loss.

Bill

• Moderators

I bought a pair at Sound Advice($250.00/pair) right before I found my RF-63's.

Don't hate me but I found mine on CL in Mint condition for $180.00/pair. Don't find those prices too often. I knew whether I needed them or not, I was buying them. :) The guy received them as a gift from his sister and already had speakers. He didn't care for the sound of Klipsch and prefered his powered monitor speaker (never heard of the brand).

nezff, don't worry, I would expect nothing less of you. [:P] FYI, I just tried to search the garage section for yours but was not able to find it. How much are you asking for them? Plug away my friend and good luck with your sell.

nezff, don't worry, I would expect nothing less of you. Stick out tongue FYI, I just tried to search the garage section for yours but was not able to find it. How much are you asking for them? Plug away my friend and good luck with your sell.

awww, that hurts my feelings. I put pics up of them in the garage sale. Im really not sure how much to ask for them. They are brand new! Anyway, I might keep them and try them out as sides. Not sure if they would sound good or not. I have the RS42s for sides now. I like the brackets you got for yours.