RC-52 with RF-63's??

rescueu2

Hi Guys, I am a NOOB here and to the HT world, but I have a love for good music and home entertainment. I also have a new love of Klipsch. My friend bought a pair of RF-63's and a SUB12 a few months ago and then his job was eliminated (unheard of huh) so he was in need of money more than speakers. These speakers were used a total of 2 hours tops. I brought them home and hooked them up to my old H/K AVR 80 and fell in love. I have never heard anything that sounded so good and clear. Well that started the ball rolling, I had to buy a new AVR (H/K AVR 354). I have a Infinity CC, but want to voice match the fronts, so I have sold that and need to replace it with a reference series CC. I have done some research, the only CC that will fit in my cabinet is the RC-52. I really want the RC-64, but it is way too large for my entertainment area, and really probably overkill for my small living room. Come to think of it the RF-63's probably are too but I will most likely move to a bigger home in the future. I found a really good deal on an RC-52 for 220.00 shipped, but I worry if it will be okay with the rf-63's. It really isn't an option using anything bigger, the wife is about to strangle me now the way it is. Any thoughts, advise?? Anything has to be an improvemnet over the old Infinity Video 1 CC right???

Posted Image

I would have to say NO. You would actually be pushing using the RC62 with the RF63s since they are not matched. The RC64 is the center of choice for this setup.

Either build you a entertainment center like i did, or get you a center channel stand to sit out front.

I just added a pic of my system. Right in front of the tv stand is not an option, it is the walkway into the house. My living room is about 10x20. I would be putting the CC where the AVR is now in the picture. The TV is mounted on a glass stand, whick takes up almost the whole top of the stand.

• Moderators

Welcome to the forums. I have have heard the RC-52 with the RB-82's and it could not keep up with them. To me, it wasn't a good match at all so I really do not believe you will be pleased at all with the RC-52 with the RF-63's. My suggestion would be to save up, get the matching RC-64 and as mentioned, either build a shelf above the TV and use the tilt angle to aim the CC down towards your listening area or place the CC below the TV. Trust me, with that setup, you will have one kickin system.

First, welcome to the forum. The answer is no. I have the RC-62 with a pair of RF-63's and it keeps up okay but there is a slight tonal difference. I know the RC-64 would be perfect but for now the 62 will suffice for me. The RC-52 might be a disaster. Build a shelf above the TV and buy the 64. Tilted down you will avoid any coffee table interference. The 62 will work if you have an untrained ear but the 52 doesn't stand a chance. I hope your buddy gave you a good deal on the 63's so you have enough $$$ to buy the 64. Do it right the first time.

Bill

The mounts are so expensive, any advice on finding one for a decent price, online stores???

Check this place out, MonoPrice. I haven't purchased a TV mount from them but I have purchased wires. They are also a good place for any wires that you might need. Don't believe the big name brand, high price stuff.

James

BTW, Welcome to the forum....

THANKS JAMESV, I would think at that price I could def. talk the wife into the wall mount.

Next question, should I save to buy the RC-64 or the RS for the rears, I can't justify buying both now so I need to pick one or the other. Regardless I will be wrapping up a G either way I go!

I would go with the RC-64 first. A lot of sound from movies is coming out of the center channel, majority of the vocals. Then work on the rear speakers.

James

I agree, I have a decent set of Bose rears. I know they are not well thought of but hey ya use what you have!

So does anyone have a cherry RC-64 that they are ready to part with, or know of a guy that knows aguy that thinks he might know a guy that has one [:D]

• Moderators

A few months ago, I faced the same dilemma as you. I started out with a 2.1 system. RF-83's and a Velodyne sub. Then I bought a KV-2 and used it in a 3.1 setup for awhile. Then added the RC-64, then bought my RB-35's (back surrounds), lastly need to buy my side surrounds (RS-62''s). You will enjoy three up front more than you will two up front and two rears. Work on a solid soundstage first, then add your surrounds later.

Wow, a few months too late as a on-line dealer had the RC-64 in cherry for $599 or something like that. It was a heck of a deal...

That's how I got my cherry one recently. It's still in my bedroom, never been hooked up yet. Still waiting on cabinets. Arggggghhhh!!!!