All I can say is OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roaddog359

Well i finally had a chance to truely test out the RF 83's and my Emotiva xpa 2 amp on some 2 channel music. And boy do they rock!!!!!! The got as loud as I could handle, sounded great, no clipping, zero distortion and tons of authority. I can only imagine if I turned on the RF 63's at the same time. I would cause my ear drums to burst. All I can say is this set up sounds awesome. This wasthe best investment in my HT I made. Sure beat the Bose, Right Tommyboy? I am still wondereing if I should upgrade me receiver to the Onkyo 906 next or get the SVS ultra sub to add in my system. I am trying to figure out which one is going to give me a bigger benefit? Any Ideas

I am still wondereing if I should upgrade me receiver to the Onkyo 906 next or get the SVS ultra sub to add in my system. I am trying to figure out which one is going to give me a bigger benefit? Any Ideas

Sounds to me like you don't need the 906. If you plan on watching alot of movies and money isn't an issue (which it sounds to me is not), I would go for the PB13-Ultra.

You're probably in the same world of "OMG" as I was. (but your new system obviously dominates mine) I had a pair of Bose 301's when I first came in back in 02. I replaced them with a pair of SF1's, and was totally blown away by the difference! I'm sure you've already forgot about your old setup..........

As far as subs, I'm with the rest of the guys. Use the SVS, and either sell or move your Sub 12 to another room/setup. And again, congrats on your graduation to the "other" side of audio!! [Y]

I am still wondereing if I should upgrade me receiver to the Onkyo 906 next or get the SVS ultra sub to add in my system. I am trying to figure out which one is going to give me a bigger benefit? Any Ideas

Sounds to me like you don't need the 906. If you plan on watching alot of movies and money isn't an issue (which it sounds to me is not), I would go for the PB13-Ultra.

DEFINITELY go with the PB-13 Ultra; it will add a new dimension to your sound.

Thanks everyone!! Can some of you please explain the difference between down firing and front firing? Which is better and why? I thought down firing was better when I got the sub-12. It can shake the floor for sure! Help me out guys! You have not lead me astray so far. Keep up the good work. The only reason I am thinking about the 906 is its on sale for 1399.00 and free shipping and the sub is only free shipping. School me in the subwoofer department.

I don't really know the difference in down and front firing to tell you the truth? I have one of each, but the Sub 12 is a 12 incher, and the RW is a 10 incher, so comparing them to each other isn't really a true or fair comparison. I like the sound of both........

Yea, I was thinking of using both the sub 12 for shaking the floor and the svs to rattle the bones, but it seems like you guys dont recommend using both of them together.

Not to be off topic here but has anyone heard of or have expierence with ARC audio products? Thinking of using their speakers and amp on my 2009 Harley Street Glide

ARC audio = way overpriced... BTW, I would go with a real sub, rather than a receiver upgrade. The sub-12 is a great product definately, but if you want more authority in the lower frequencies, you need a lot more cone area and throw.

As for the Harley, stick with a run of the mill Pioneer / JVC / Kenwood cd player and some decent speakers, pocket the difference. You aren't going to get 'mo' better for 'mo' money going with ARC.

Once you discover the power of the XPA series through Klipsch Reference speakers, a good subwoofer can take over your bottom end below 50 hz and really bring everything together for great music and movie enjoyment. I'm using a 1000 watt Epik Conquest with my setup (3 x XPA-2) and there is equal amounts of power for both highs and lows, your ears will give out before you reach the limits of what these devices can do. I've actually experienced vertigo from some of the low frequencies (at high volume) that the Conquest can put out !!!!!

Posted Image