***********New to Klipsch speakers...please help!************

dhru_20919

Hi everyone,

I am new to HT setup as well as Klipsch speakers...

I am planning to set up a new HT in my new apartment..I have already bought a Yamaha RX-V863 receiver..

I went to Circuit city and saw they have good deals on Klipsch Synergy speakers..I got two F2 synergy speakers and a synergy C2 center channel speaker..

I am also plannning to get two F3 synergy speakers and two F1 synergy speakers..

so for the 7.1 channel system here is the config...

Yamaha RX-V863

Klipsch synergy F3 ------FRONT

Klipsch synergy C2-------center

Klipsch synergy F2-------side sorround

Klipsch synergy F3------rear sorround

SVS PB10-NSD subwoofer

Is this going to work? I am not too familiar with sensitivity, crossover freq etc..I am still learning..seems they are little different for these speakers..

I am getting good deals on F2 and F1 speakers from circuit city..should I go with it?

Thanks in advance!

Dhru

Let me start by stating my jealousy!! I only wish I could afford that many floorstanders. Ideally, you want the exact same speaker for every channel. Unfortunately in most set-ups, the center channel being identical is a problem... enter special center channel speaker designs. One of the first problems you will run into is the center channel itself. The c-2 is a little small to match to your lef and rights as F-3's. Howver, a simple tweak to the center channel level in your receiver can easily correct this.

Problem number 2, and I tell you this could be a real problem, you might see an eviction notice on your door fairly quickly. These are high powered speakers that are VERY loud! Especiall with the array of floor standers you have amassed. I think that this system will sound fantastic, but watch out for your neighbors and landlord.

Good luck and let us know how it comes out!

really need to get some S2 speakers. Side surround speakers are important and it's best to get them in the air and off the ground. Like at a real cinema, that's what we're trying to replicate.

what colter said.. imo getting advise from Colter about Klipsch speakers and their application is like getting advice on how to play golf from tiger woods

good luck with your purchase

Put the F-2's and the C-2 center in front.

Get 4 S-2's for the surrounds.

This is a perfectly matched system! These speakers and your Yammy 863 in your apartment, will make your neighbors quite upset! Trust me on this one.

If you have the extra bucks and space, Two F-3's would be better. The C-2 is fine for the center. Klipsch now reccomends the C-2 to relace the discontinued C-3.

I too have a Yamaha RX-V863 and F-3 mains and C-3 center.

I hope you will continue to post here so we can compare experiences wth this receiver..