Uncle Stereo - no longer dealer !

S2000

That's the word I just got from Klipsch. They said that they are no longer going to be an "athourized dealer". They will be removing there name from the dealer list.

Were do we get Klipsch then (at a fair price without having to pay a insane retail ?)

That's it. I'm done.

I was looking forward to the new reference series, but I will never buy another new Klipsch product. There HAS TO be some option for people with no local dealer, or who are so fed up with the crap they get from thier local dealer that they can't stomach to beg for the privilege to pay MSRP for thier 'service'.

Certainly one day I'll be able to afford some vintage La Scalas or Heresys on Ebay and make a 2-ch music system, but I'll never be able to afford an entire Heritage HT setup, so I guess my next HT system will not be Klipsch. It's a pity, I really like how they sound.

Charlie

Does this mean I no longer have a warranty? I just bought and received them on Feb. 14th and Feb. 19th respectively. For an even 1k mind ya.

------------------

Tom

KLF-20 Mahogony

Carver Receiver MXR-150

Yamaha PF-800 Turntable/ Sure V15 Type V Cartridge

Carver TL-3100 CD

Yamaha K-1020 Cassette

dbx 1231 EQ

dbx 3bx Series Two

H.H. Scott 830z Analyzer

Monster Interlink 300 mk II

Original Monster Cable

klipsch didn't move fast enough to nab him huh phil?

this klipsch policy thing is a good case where an economic recession could be a good thing - it might cause companies to get off their complacent arsses & start looking for new ways (hint) to raise sales & become more efficient(cut costs). you'd think a co. w/ such efficient speakers would have the same for a distribution system!

------------------

go forth & hump the world

i agree to a degree. i asked if klipsch had a b2b system & no reply. why not expand on this for a b2c - direct internet sales at least to those areas w/ no coverage. eliminates the middle man, same shipping costs. would get those complacent/slow moving dealers to adopt the b2c concept.

maybe the computing/system costs has to go down further 1st. or more small dealers need to go under.

but klipsch has it for promedia already. would be an expansion of that. klipsch speaks rule - klipsch don't be so afraid of hurting the small dealers' feelings.

I live about 10 miles from St. Louis so I have about 8 different dealers to choose from. Some are great and then again some are a liability to KLIPSCH (RELIABLE STEREO!!). The prices vary so I call around till I get a decent one. I'm not crazy about buying stuff through the mail or net. I bought my ADCOM through the mail and had to get a detective to put his finger on the place that cashed my check. Still took about three months to get my goods. I would buy from a person though the net first. At least then you know your taking a risk. Maybe someone can tell me of a place to get KLIPSCH cheap. I can find the KLF-C7 for about 500 around here.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

quent - I prefer to look at it as a double' entendre. biggrin.gif oxy...- where is the contradiction in that phrase? small dealers have no feelings for customers? maybe u could explain? if that's a slam on usage, are u an english teacher? if so, then u misspelled dealer so u better circle it biggrin.gif

yea it won't go away as long as the internet's available & companies don't respond more quickly.

but it is beating a dead horse so i promise to not bring it up again.

Sorry Boa,

Not a slam at all! I was just trying to add a little humor to a serious situation. I'm sure you read all these posts--thought I read someone posting something R/T "oxymoron" a couple of days ago or so.

The point being, oxy (sharp) & moron (stupid), being contradictory as related to the situation as a whole. Small dealers & customers are both followed by "feelings" in my post. Small dealers not being concerned with our feelings & Klipsch (we are their customers) not being concerned with our feelings.

Truely, we must believe Klipsch cares, they devoted much space on this board to the subject. Have'nt seen a solution yet though I feel one is coming.

Guess I'll be a little more careful with my wording--feeble attempt at humor. Maybe the people at Klipsch will realize how sensitive we are about this subject.

The only slamming that should be done is when we are guest stars on WWF!

sorry quent, took it the wrong way w/ the quote & everything. see your point now.

can't really blame the dealers though when they're given that kind of monopolistic power- hence higher prices & less availability. my (1 real) local dealer is actually pretty good w/ both though. hope that doesn't change.

When I walk into my local Klipsch dealer (American TV) they call me by my first name and give me the best price they can right up front. It was not always like that. When I first started buying home theater gear I was just hopping from store to store looking for the best price. After I started to get serious I started buying from the same salesman at the same store every time. When that salesman moved on to greener pastures I had him set me up with another salesman there that could keep the deals flowing.

I get pretty solid deals from my local dealer and always give him the first shot at my business. But, if I can get the product at a significantly better price I would be silly not to buy it off the internet.

My suggestion to anyone building and or maintaining a home theater is to develop a relationship with a salesman at your local dealer. Most of them will work with you after you have bought from them a few times.Don't be afraid to haggle but don't try to slit their throats for $10.00. Every bit you haggle off the price comes out of the salesman commission.In retail there is usually a pretty big margin built into the listed price so don't hesitate to ask for a better deal. A salesman is more willing to give you a deal if you buy a lot of your gear from him. If he knows your not there to buy one thing he will be willing to make less off each item knowing that you will be back for more.Talk to your salesman, make sure he or she knows your name and what your interested in. Every time I walk into the store the salesman spots me we chit chat a bit and he lets me know what kind of stuff he has in stock that might interest me. In kind I don't jerk him around I only ask for his time when I am serious about purchasing. No salesman appreciates giving a two hour demo to find out your "just thinking about it".

That being said. I do enjoy very much the opportunity to be able to shop from home and have the ability to choose freely whom I purchase from. And I am VERY disappointed w/Klipsch for deciding to disallow internet sales.What if I have a bad experience with my local dealer?They are the only Klipsch dealer within a two hour drive.Am I to be expected to drive to Chicago to purchase some speakers I will probably have to rent a truck to bring home? I think not.It is because of this I doubt my future home theater will be based on Klipsch products .I hate to say that because I have been extremely loyal to Klipsch over the past few years. However I cannot in good faith continue to support a company that does not have me a loyal consumer as it's number one priority.

The home theater speaker market is very crowded these days. Plenty of companies are willing to do what the others won't. I hope Klipsch realizes that.

Just in case anyone from Klipsch decides to read this. I have purchased:

2x KLF-30

1x KLF C-7

2x RS-3

2x KSB2.1

1x KSW-12

2x SS-1

1x KSC-1

enough incoherent babbling for one night.

------------------

lerajie

The last time I visited my local Klipsch dealer, the three salesmen in the audio room were running a pair of RF-3'S and a KSW-15. Whatever amp/receiver they were running was clipping, as they took turns sitting on the KSW-15. This is the same dealer, that to get them to budge off of retail, you have to give up a kidney. By the way Time Warner owns this chain.

50TOPSELLERS has got good deals on KLIPSCH. I have never bought from them but a KLF C7 to your door for 400 bucks is pretty good. If you have warranty trouble you have to go through them though.

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300

Well sometimes you take risks. I'm just looking for some referrals on some places to buy KLIPSCH at considerably less than what the most all retailers sell them for. There are places advertising to your door KLF 20's for 1100. If you buy them in a store and talk them down to 1350 after tax your still at 1500. 500 dollars is a BIG difference. Thanks tblasing for the reply

------------------

Onkyo TX8511

ADCOM GCD-700

KLIPSCH CF3,s

KLIPSCH CF4's

KSW-300