C-3 center channel speaker...

Mudkicker

Hello

I recently purchased a pair of B-3 booksheves which i find to be pretty good considering their price. The Kipsch site suggests the C-2 as a center for these. I find it strange because wouldnt the C-3 be a better match seeing that it has 6.5" woofers as the B-3 does?

Also, i would like to know what owners of the C-3 think about this center.

Thanks

You'll be fine with the C2 as a center. The C3 has been discontinued, so if you really want one, you'll have to look at used stuff.

thanks for the reply.

i am a little nervous about the C2, ill explain why. my B-3's have 6.5" and the C2 has 5.25". having said that, i have a pair of KG 2.5 (with 6.5") and i bought a KV-2 (which has 5.25") as its center. i am unhappy with the results, the KG's clearly overpowers the KV-2 center. i should have bought a KV-3 or better yet another KG 2.5.

So i think that having the same woofer size all the way up front is a better way to go.

I am just basing this from my own experience and i may be wrong in the case of this Synergy Line.

Thanks

well i have a choice to make now.

either i get a C-2 for my B-3's (seeing that the C-3 is hard to come by)

or

a KV3 for my KG 2.5's

i wonder which center i would enjoy more, the C-2 or the KV3?

any thoughts?

depending which center i get, the other pair of bookshelves will go towards a 2 channel set up. so i guess that i should also ask what pair of bookshelves would better suit a 2 channel set up, the B-3's or the KG 2.5's?

so many decisions to make.

Hi

Let me tell you my story. Last may, I "accidently" bought a pair of Synergy F-3's on sale. These are the best speakers that I have ever had and I have not regreted buying them. When I needed a center to replace my 10 yr old sound works, someone on this forum steered me to the C-3. I looked in BB, CC, and HHGregg. They all had the C-2, for about $279, but none of them carried the C-3. BB had it online only for $339 out of stock. I was amazed to find it new on Amazon .I ordered it on a Fri night and it arrived on Tues via UPS. I was even more amazed that for $199 they shipped it free from Vann's in Missoula, Montana to me in Daytona Beach, Fla.

The C-3 sounds great with,and is the match for my F-3's, as well as the B-3 bookshelf and S-3 surrounds. I was told on this forum last May that the Synergy line was developed by Klipsch to sell in the big box stores. All I can say to this is that for entry level, they sound absolutely great to me. If you already have B-3's, The C-3 is the exact match. The only caveat: The C-3 is quite a bit larger than the C-2,so make sure that it will fit in your system.

I see on this thread that Tommyboy advises that the C-3 has been discontinued. If this is indeed the case, I would hazard a guess that the stores didn't push the C-3 because of it's larger size.

I first saw this post the other night and started to reply then, but was distracted and never got back to it. A Google search then, showed that several venders still had the C-3 in stock. Do a search, I'll bet you can still find one somewhere. You won't be sorry you got one.

If you can't get a C-3, the C-2 will indeed work.

I hope this helps you.

Hi

Let me tell you my story. Last may, I "accidently" bought a pair of Synergy F-3's on sale. These are the best speakers that I have ever had and I have not regreted buying them. When I needed a center to replace my 10 yr old sound works, someone on this forum steered me to the C-3. I looked in BB, CC, and HHGregg. They all had the C-2, for about $279, but none of them carried the C-3. BB had it online only for $339 out of stock. I was amazed to find it new on Amazon .I ordered it on a Fri night and it arrived on Tues via UPS. I was even more amazed that for $199 they shipped it free from Vann's in Missoula, Montana to me in Daytona Beach, Fla.

The C-3 sounds great with,and is the match for my F-3's, as well as the B-3 bookshelf and S-3 surrounds. I was told on this forum last May that the Synergy line was developed by Klipsch to sell in the big box stores. All I can say to this is that for entry level, they sound absolutely great to me. If you already have B-3's, The C-3 is the exact match. The only caveat: The C-3 is quite a bit larger than the C-2,so make sure that it will fit in your system.

I see on this thread that Tommyboy advises that the C-3 has been discontinued. If this is indeed the case, I would hazard a guess that the stores didn't push the C-3 because of it's larger size.

I first saw this post the other night and started to reply then, but was distracted and never got back to it. A Google search then, showed that several venders still had the C-3 in stock. Do a search, I'll bet you can still find one somewhere. You won't be sorry you got one.

If you can't get a C-3, the C-2 will indeed work.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for the reply

Can you please tell me what vendors you saw that still have the C-3 in stock for i am having trouble finding any at all.

thanks

So i tried something different. I unplugged my KV-2 and connected one of the B-3's as my center. Let me tell you that it blew my KV-2 out of the water. There is a big(better) difference. I enjoy it much, much more. The only problem is that the sound does not match my KG 2.5 fronts and the B-3 looks silly lying on its side. I am seriously considering buying another set of B-3's and making a trio of them my front stage and calling it a day. The only problem is that the center will have to be upright which looks kinda funny.

What do you think?

M

Hello again,

Do a Google search for the C-3. you might get lucky and find some vendor that still has one. Try Amazon and clck on "buy from another seller" If, indeed you do find one, I am positive you will like it. From what I can tell, this item has suddenly been "discovered" and people are trying to sell used ones for more money than they were new.

ALTERNATIVE:

Buy a pair of F-2's and the C-2 center! Use the B-3's for the surrounds . This would reall be a kick a-- system.

In my own situation here, the F-2's and C-2 would perform just as good as my F-3's and C-3. At the time of purchase, I originally wanted the F-2 because of it's smaller size. The store was out of them and the larger F-3's were only $50 more so I got them instead. My only problem with the F-3's is that they each weigh 60 pounds and I have to move them every time I need to get behind my entertainment center.

You don't say anything about your receiver. What are you using? I just got a new Yamaha RX-V863 and it sounds great with Klipsch. I'd like to hear some comments from other people using this model.

At this moment i am unable to get the the B-3, C-2 or C-3 locally. However, i am able to get the F-1 or F-2 towers locally. So, if i use one of my B-3's as a center, which would be a better match for it, the F-1 or F-2? Both use a 6.5" woofer, same as the B-3 except that the F-2 has two woofers instead of one.

Hi,

If you are determined to use the B-3 for a center channel, you can,and it will indeed work, BUT, it is not a match and was not designed for this purpose.

Look at Tommyboy's equipment list in his signature. He has the 2 series across the front and the S-1 surrounds in the back. This is a well matched system. You are always better off to match the front 3 speakers correctly.

I am guessing from your posts that you really want Klipsch's, and are willing to spend a few bucks to get what you want.

If so, then buy the F-2's locally and get the C-2 online. The C-2 is $275 on Amazon and $206 on Vann's. I am sure that they both will ship to Montreal.

You'll be fine with the C2 as a center. The C3 has been discontinued, so if you really want one, you'll have to look at used stuff.

As stated eariler...........just go with the C2 and be done with the problem. 229. + 20.00 s&H. with BIN.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-C2-Synergy-Center-Channel-Speakers-C-2_W0QQitemZ170309032226QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item170309032226&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2|65%3A7|39%3A1|240%3A1318

EDIT: If after you buy/use the C2 and you find it does not work for you...........you can alway sell it and recupe your costs.............

Like I've said earlier in this thread. If you absolutely stuck on the 3 series, run a single B3 for center duty. Or............. you can run a C2 as a center; and like stated, you'll be fine doing this.

I guess that you are right. Its just that i feel that i may be unhappy with the C-2, i feel that it is too small, i have a KV-2 right now that is roughly the same size as the C-2 and i am not happy with it. I assume that i would be happier with a C-3(impossible to find) , but then again i have never heard either of them so i may be wrong.

Bought a C-2 locally today. New in box paid $199 CAD.

Tested it agianst my KV-2 and the C-2 is much, much better in every way. I was surprised given the small size and weight of the C-2. Watched a movie with B-3's connected as Fronts and i was pleased with the results. I will definatley keep it. I would like to thank all who participated in this thread to help me come to a solution to my situation.

M

Hi,

I am glad it worked out for you! That C-2 is as close a match as you will ever find for the B-3's and the price seems about right too.

NOWWWWWW-------. If your money and space permit, put a pair of F-2's or F-3's in the front,and that Marantz will "make your neighbors nervous" HA!

Good Luck,

Hi,

I am glad it worked out for you! That C-2 is as close a match as you will ever find for the B-3's and the price seems about right too.

NOWWWWWW-------. If your money and space permit, put a pair of F-2's or F-3's in the front,and that Marantz will "make your neighbors nervous" HA!

Good Luck,

please dont put these things in my head, LOL. Now that my surround system is complete, i will focus my efforts on my 2 channel system.