McIntosh MC-30 value?

philipbarrett

Well I don't think someone can pick up a nice condition pair for $1100...and I do not think Terry would charge $1400 to rebuild them.... If he does then I'm going to double and then some my rates.....

I just finished a pair this afternoon using Sonicap platinum Teflon signal path caps which cost about $550 for the pair of amps and the bill still wasn't that much....

MC-30's in nice condition go for a heck of allot more then $1100.....

I understand but I was just asking since he would be able to go and see for himself the condition and from the pictures it doesn't look to be a lot of rust. Once again only going by the pictures from the post.

Now I know you and Terry do fantastic work, for everyone here on the site talking about the two of you, so I didn't mean to step on anyones toes. I just thought that if you can get a nice set in these times, meaning everyone selling things a lot cheaper then normal, why not.

James

Whoa... I think we crossed paths by mistake here. I had never seen the link to Craig's list on this pair for $1100 so your posts seemed confusing to me. That is indeed a great deal if they look as good as they do with the not so clear/close up photo's... I'd be shocked if they were not at least in reasonably good condition.

I say run fast and grab while the grabbing is good.

Sorry for the mix up

Craig

Dflip... those old boards are so funky looking. Craig's parts look a lot better on those for sure.

They may look funky but in reality they make working on amps like this way easier then most vintage amps... Leak would be another vintage amplifier that used these nice neat tag board type construction that is a god send when its time to work on them.

sheet004.html