Help! RF-52 vs RF-62, assorted other questions.

Hrimnir

Hello all, i'm shortly going to become a member of the klipsch community (w00t!), but i'm trying to hammer down exactly how much i wanna spend and realistically what i want.

I have been posting for a while at avsforum.com and recently discovered this klipsch official forum, so i thought i'd come straight to the source for the answers :-)

Basically the point i am at is that i have been told that there is a pretty substantial difference in the sound between the rf-52's and the rf-62's. Now i've scoured the web and i can't seem to determine any major differences aside from the obvious (6.5" vs 5.25" woofers). When i suggested saving the money on the rf-52's i was advised heavily to bite the bullet and pay extra for the 62's.

I was hoping some of the experts here could go a little more into detail about the differences between these two speakers outside of what the website shows (power handling, etc). So far the only thing i could find is that the 62's have a ceramic motor? for the tweeter vs a neodymium or something along those lines. Outside of that they look pretty much the same with the exception of size of the woofers and overall dimensions/power handling.

Either way. I also was looking into picking up a sub, probably won't go with a klipsch sub as i've again been strongly reccomended towards companies like SVS, Epik, eD, etc. I was looking pretty heavily at the eD a2-300 and was wondering if anyone had opinions, if this would match well with the klipsch setup, etc.

I thought i should mention i'm about 95% positive ill be going with a marantz sr5003 receiver for this setup, and i will add the rear surrounds later.

The primary use of this setup will be movies and tv shows via my HTPC and occasional gaming/blu-ray via PS3/XBOX360. I also will be using it very occasionally 1-2 times/month for music listening (lots of industrial, EBM, electronic styles of music, etc) for when i'm cleaning the house or what not.

Ok, and two final random questions. Were i to end up with the 62 series over the 52, would i be doing them a major disservice by going with rs-42's later down the road vs 52's or 62's. etc? Also, since im purchasing a 7.1 receiver but i only intend to do 5.1, will i be able to biamp the fronts? is there even a point in biamping, etc?

Sorry for the ton of questions ;(

Thanks for all of your help guys!

A lot depends on your preferences. If you are the type to blast away at or near max output all the time, I'd suggest going up rather than down. Otherwise, you probably won't notice much of a difference, if any. Your ears will tell you more than we can advise. Can you audition both together (some dealers will do this)? The average joe/jane won't notice the benefits of biamping or the different speaker combos you're talking about. How large your room is has some bearing on what you'll want to get; a larger space generally requires more amp/speaker to fill it with a given volume/dB level.

THAT SAID; it is a LOT easier to buy up now than buy low & want to upgrade later. I don't find very much difference between the RS-42/52/62, personally. They are used for the surrounds which don't get all that much material overall (I would love to do an all-full range speaker 7.1 someday, but I tend to go overboard on music/audio stuff [:D] ), and most folks put everything below @ 80-120 hz from the surrounds into a sub, anyway.

It boils down to how picky are YOU about audio? You'll probably get a TON of opinions, but only your ears can tell for sure.