Where do you get the 402 horns?

MikeMilliken

Hi Mike,

You can buy the 402 horn, but not without an "accessory" driver attached. Contact Mr. Roy Delgado through Klipsch to place your order. The 402 horn is the real "magic" in all of the Klipsch systems we've been talking about.

You can NOT buy the horn alone. You must purchase a HF assembly, as I understand.

I dont' believe that Klipsch sells component parts to experimenters and hobbyists.

It will however sell the complete pro theater horn/driver assembly if you ask nicely.

It took a lot of work to get to the point where a few Professional products (the Jubilee) were available to residential consumers. I'd offer that we should not abuse this relationship by insisting that Klipsch deconstruct their carefully designed systems to sell off it's proprietary parts.

M

Mike, if you persue this question with Roy (at Klipsch), you might also inquire if there is an option to swap out the K69 driver with the TAD 4002.

I'm not sure but I THINK Roy once said that they were debating on offering the TAD as an upgrade option (sort of a good/better/best thing). I might be wrong so if you hear crickets from him, it's not his fault!

Otherwise, if you look at the K402 mated with the K69 driver, my last understanding is those went for "about" $1,000 each (2K for a pair). This would include any taxes and delivery fees to your door as I understand. I should qualify that this was from about 2 years ago so it's certainly possible the number has changed.

Hold your pants on if you look at the TAD driver... looking at Ebay, it seems those are near $3,000 for a pair of drivers.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Match-Pair-TAD-TD-4002-2-Driver-New-in-box_W0QQitemZ290294851780QQihZ019QQcategoryZ47095QQssPageNameZWDVWQQtcZphotoQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It took a lot of work to get to the point where a few Professional products (the Jubilee) were available to residential consumers. I'd offer that we should not abuse this relationship by insisting that Klipsch deconstruct their carefully designed systems to sell off it's proprietary parts.

I would echo Michael's remarks. The home Jubilee stuff is very limited-run and I don't think it's a money-maker for the factory, so it's probably best to cause them as little aggravation or fuss as possible, so they don't decide to just drop it.

The Jubilee is a very special speaker and has made a number of owners very happy. I don't think any of them, or any of the JubScala owners, would want to see Klipsch's ongoing support and development come to an end because it became more trouble for the factory than it was worth.

The home Jubilee stuff is very limited-run and I don't think it's a money-maker for the factory

I think I can count three buyers of Jubilees that had the wrong driver attached to the K402. They had the stock driver and not the K69. This meant the company had to retrive the original driver and send out the correct driver. One of these was to Ralph in London so now they had to deal with the international aspect of shipping & retrieving.

Point here is, although this was their mistake, I can easily see how it would be a pain in their hiney to go through the process of having to fix it...perhaps even to a point of saying it's not worth the headaches.

WHOA!!!

I do not like the turn this has taken and most of all, I see no reason for these comments......

What is the motivation for these insinuations? Wouldn't a PM be a better place for this? This could get UGLY very quickly.

If Klipsch wants to sell something, wouldn't that be up to them?

Double whoa..

You can take a deep breath... I don't think anything was directed to you negatively (at least, in an intended way)

In times gone by, there have been various people asking various things and every now & then, they crop up with what I might call an issue. No one thought that issue (what ever it may have been) would have cropped up. Now, I think we're just trying to give you MORE information for the sake of information (education) rather than trying to drop the hammer on you.

The more educated you, or anyone else may be to the process and some of the prior issues, the better I think, you can make sure that they don't become an issue for you.

Back to London, truth be told... had I not visited Ralph in London, he might to this very day, not realize that he had the wrong driver on his horn. I noticed it on a lark and spoke to Roy about what I saw. Roy then suspected I was right and we got Ralph to look directly at the driver to confirm (seems I was right!) Now we all know why he was bit&&&ng about not having enough "tinkle" in his high end response!! He didn't have a tweeter driver!

Our motivation is ultimately, to do our best to make sure you get what is right for you and you get it properly.

[Y]

I apologize if my earlier remarks were taken as brusque. I do not speak for the company although I worked there for a time. I'll let Roy be the judge of what the company makes available. I was only speaking from past experiences.

The fact is, these are products that were only sold to large commercial distributors (theater installers) and it is a blessing that we have someone in the company who cares enough about the Klipschorn Jubilee to help us get the system into our homes.

Paul Klipsch and Roy Delgado invented it. I say let's honor them an keep it as designed. But that's just me.

Richard- my Jubilee HF sections bore a label clearing stating that the carton contained a KPT904 HF section with K69A driver. This used to be something that had to be special ordered. Remember that this represents a Pro tweeter driver on a midrange horn. This combination is never used in the field in the cinemas as such.

Michael

I got no idea where to buy them.. Does Klipsch sell them?

Hi Mike

I hope this helps you get the answers your searching for.

The Jubilee versions that we own isn't a standard Klipsch Model option and has been a special project that Roy Delgado has worked very hard with with us to acheive and if your interested in them then any questions about them would best be directed to him. Just be patient for answers with all inquiries since this is a special project that he has taken on for himself and us and so I'm sure Roy has many other obligations that have to come first.

roy.delgado@klipsch.com

mike tn

I do not like the turn this has taken and most of all, I see no reason for these comments......

What is the motivation for these insinuations? Wouldn't a PM be a better place for this? This could get UGLY very quickly.

Mike, no insinuations were intended. Michael did speak a bit strongly and then clarified that. Also, perhaps my suggestion to not push things was taken the wrong way. As Coytee explained, the home Jubilee is not a regular production speaker, it's more of a pet project of Roy Delgado's, who worked with Paul Klipsch to develop the original model.

Roy continues to work on it, but it seems to not be his everyday assignment, and most people realize that getting this kind of high performance for this relatively low price is a great thing, so we take care not to ruffle any feathers at the factory, although it appears you think we were trying to ruffle yours. That was definitely not the case.

Klipsch is not a big faceless company, like Ford, for instance. I don't believe very many of his customers actually met Henry Ford, but a number of forum members have met Paul Klipsch. The fact that there's an annual pilgrimage to the factory (or at least, there was until this year) shows that there's a certain reverence for the man and his work, and Roy is held in very high regard as well.

As Coytee suggested, it might be good to take a deep breath and let yourself settle in here. You won't know all the personalities and customs on the forum in the first week or two; it will take a bit of time.

You'll find that most of the members are easy to get along with and will cut you some slack if you'll do the same.

This BS is completely uncalled for! No basis for it whatsoever.

If you need to abuse someone, you need to look elsewhere, I am not your whippin boy.

I asked you to take this issue out of the forum, yet it continues..............So be it.

If somone rained on your parade in the past, why don't you take that up with him/them. Why take me to task for it?

I won't pay penance for someone elses deeds, and you are silly to even think I should.

I give as good as I get, that will have to do. I don't feel the need to kiss anyones backside for something I had NOTHING to do with.

EDIT>>>>>>>

The only reason I am not deleting this (its embarassing) is that its funny, in a twisted way.....

Remember the guy "Francis" in the movie Stripes? Thats just what I sound like here. He's the psycho that was ranting and said, "if you touch my stuff, I'll kill you".

The not so funny part is that when I am on the steroids, this seems perfectly logical. It apparently does not affect everyone the way it affects me. I hope none of you ever have to experience this, its no walk in the park. Are insane people welcome in the forums? ;)

Mike, why are you upset? Three forum members, including myself, have explained that no offense was intended to you. Giving you some info about how one particular speaker model is limited-production and is handled differently from the rest of the line is to inform you, not to insult you. We're all here to have fun.

Pat,

This should have been handled much differently than it has been. What part of being taken to task was supposed to be the fun part?

If the horn is not available by itself, then thats all that needed to be said. But, I find that hard to believe when I can see that there are people out there that have that 402, or one that looks exactly like it, and/or the smaller horn like yours, that do not have the Jubilee. Colter sent me an email saying that they are not sold seperately, and he was pretty nasty in that email as well.

It seems like he is bound and determined to get me to go off, I do not understand his motivation for any of these attacks. A couple people told me he was a decent guy including Coytee, but I am surely not seeing it.

If Klipsch doesn't want to sell the horn/horns thats fine. I have been trying my best to be a gentlemen and its not easy.

Another edit here guys..........

Again; I'd like to just remove it but its also funny in the same sort of twisted way.........So I'll leave it.

Remember the DI in the movie Stripes? The one that gave Bill Murray the beating and was subsequently blown off the tower?

Well if you remember the part where "Francis " was ranting, you'll likely remember the part where that DI said, SHUT UP FRANCIS.

That seems appropriate here as well.

Mike Milliken

" I got no idea where to buy them.. Does Klipsch sell them?"

Yes sir, I guess the correct answer should have been a polite 'no', or that they come with a Klipschorn Jubilee purchase.

Again, I apologize for any hurt feelings. Those who know me here know that that was never my intention.

Michael

Mike,

This is all too funny, in a way. If you would like your question answered some have given you the person to contact, Roy. I would say that he would be the person ONLY that I would believe at this point has he is the person that works for Klipsch.

I hope that you will find your answer to your question.

James