The sound of a Palladium.

Speedball

So the sales guy tells me the new Klipsch Palladium line does not have the Klipsch "signature" sound. Do you really think so? Yes, to me the smaller bookshel model looks like a million bucks but I'm not in the market for them right now. With two horns in each one it seems like it should sound somewhat similar, don't you think?.

I think it sounds like a vastly improved and much better looking reference line type speaker. I would say it didn't have the "heritage" sound but I didn't think the reference line did either. The Paladiums are beautiful but I like them big horns.

I've heard them on two occasions. Having owned Heritage and currently listening to Reference on a daily basis......I thought the Palldiums sounded like an ultra-refined Reference speaker.

Very impressive speaker for critical listening.

Speedball, I would beg to say BS.. Can I slap the snot out of the salesman? hehehe h J/K. What do you expect from the un informed? What store were you at? I know the guys at Ovation in the Upscale room in Castleton Sq really liked them too. They had a demo pair for over a week and I spent a LOT of time there... Listening evaluating. Personally I loved these speakers too. But really anyone should... At 20k per pair, they should be awesome!

Klipsch signature sound.. By all means yes...

I would even go so far as to say it is closer to the Heritage sound than the previous Reference 7 system was by a long shot.

I have heard them in many different locations now... Ask Damon what he thinks too. He has a pair at home and is talking about them I am sure at

http://www.klipschcorner.com/

I would even go so far as to say it is closer to the Heritage sound than the previous Reference 7 system was by a long shot

Interesting. That's the first time I've heard that comparison. What was powering them?

I'd even say the P-39f sounds better than the Khorn...

I also kinda agree that the Pals don't have the signature Klipsch sound since they sound better than everything else Klipsch [;)] I've always seen Klipsch as a little rough around the edges, but the Pals are just sooooo inert - like they almost don't have their own sound. But isn't that the goal of really good speakers?

I also kinda agree that the Pals don't have the signature Klipsch sound since they sound better than everything else Klipsch Wink I've always seen Klipsch as a little rough around the edges, but the Pals are just sooooo inert - like they almost don't have their own sound. But isn't that the goal of really good speakers?

Wow, big difference from threads a year or so ago. Glad to hear that you appreciated them. I'd still like to hear a pair.

Don't put much credit in waht a salesperson says. A local one told me that my Rega P9 was a toy and that I should buy a Pro Ject table from him.

I also kinda agree that the Pals don't have the signature Klipsch sound since they sound better than everything else Klipsch Wink I've always seen Klipsch as a little rough around the edges, but the Pals are just sooooo inert - like they almost don't have their own sound. But isn't that the goal of really good speakers?

Better than a Khorn? Ok. I wasn't much a reference fan but the Pal is a big improvement. I'd like to spend many more hours with the Pals. Our local Klipsch dealer doesn't even plan on having Pals. Hell the owner was there and he didn't even know what they were.

If you want to compare speakers in the $20K range than that is a whole nother ballgame with lots of interesting options. It would be fun to do a shoot out. I hope Klipsch develops even more expensive and cutting edge speakers but that might have to wait for a market upswing. I'd like to see their R&D speakers.

Always good to hear comparisons from the Klipschters around here. I'm sure the southside salesman was doing his best to make conversation but that's what I get for listining to a salesman. He also referred to the entire Klipsch line as having a "horn sound" , whatever that meant.

That Palladiums line are a fine looking line of speakers......[8]

I agree with Doc completely.

The voicing on the Palladium was intended to be dead flat. There is a slight rise in response to give it a bit of signature sound closer to other Klipsch models but it's nowhere close to the sound of the old Heritage speakers. It's not supposed to sound like horns, that was a design objective.

But then, I don't have more than $1500 in any pair of loudspeakers in this house (or shop for that matter), not $15,000.