RF-62 / RC-62 / RS-52 / RW-12d - How to setup Rear?

shane0410

Hey, I need some help setting up the rear area in my new home cinema setup.

Currently I got two RF-62 hooked up to a Marantz SR-5003. I'am planning to buy a RC-62, RW-12d and two RS-52.
But I really dont know how to setup the rear area. Or maybe its better buying two RB-61 as rear speakers ??

Where would you put the rear speakers ? Here is a simply draw of my room. The dimensions are 5 x 5 meters

Thanks from germany!

homecinema.gif

• 3 weeks later...

You have 3 main problems with your room and the setup.

1. The screen / TV should be centered (or close to) on the wall. Otherwise your imagining will be off. Your left speaker is currently too far from the TV compared to your right speaker.

2. Your window will cause problems with excessive sound reflection. Put a heavy curtain on this window to absorb this sound.

3. If you can, move your sofa away from the wall by 1-2 meters. This will allow you to mount the RS-52's on that back wall behind you. This is the best way to get good surround sound. Maybe put your desk behind the couch to free up space.

If you don't move the couch out you will want to put the RS-52's on the side walls 80-90 degrees from the couch position.

Good Luck and Enjoy!