Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

He's very impressed with the young talent saying 'they like to rock like we used to, no hip hop or rap'. He said 'one band of 14-15 year olds sounds like Aerosmith and has written an 8 minute song called 'Eye of the Llama' with multiple guitar solos.

Sounds interesting. Hate hip hop, rap & the like. Any chance this will be recorded?

Talked to promoter today, it's definitely teen bands and he said to expect about 2,000 people- woohoo

COOL!

He's very impressed with the young talent saying 'they like to rock like we used to, no hip hop or rap'.

COOL! Some music old farts like me might even enjoy.

This is gonna be FUN!

[H]

Sounds like the kind of thing those big stacks are made for... the sound will be first rate and it sounds as if the bands will be pretty good too!

[H] [8][8][8]

Colter, just be aware that placing the MWM stack on the ground nets you a +3 db gain compared to throwing it on the stage. 3db is well... uh more headroom... and believe me I am a fan of headroom! You might also consider a center stack for 'sub' bass.

How about a K2 powering two KP682's?

Don't have a stage plan yet, meeting with promoter next week prolly to discuss setup. At the park shelter house, the floor is torn out so they'll have to repour that. Tim was hoping for a raised stage but that will probably be performers only. So speakers will be on the ground, yes!

I'm looking at stacks 8-9 feet wide and about as tall. Should be impressive. Will sketch out shortly. I added up 6700 watts total.

I would suggest NE Indy 82nd n 69/465 has many options.. I will give out what I find in a couple of days. Most are new, not too bad, and one is a dive... but will accomodatea a cheap option too. LOL Most of you do not spend too much time in the rooms anyhow.

If I don't get hassled at the border, I could possibly bring ~ 10 Kw of power with me.

Feel free to swing through Chicago on your way down/back and give them amps a workout at my place [;)] We could tap straight into the 240VAC line too....

• Moderators

I haven't read through this entire thread, so apologies if it has been mentioned already, but if any of you want to stop by here while you're in town to see the facility, I'm sure we can accomodate you on a Friday afternoon. Email me if you're interested so I can get an idea of how many.

Thanks! Sorry we couldn't participate more this year. [:(]

Sorry we couldn't participate more this year. Sad

Don't feel badly, Amy. Y'all have been incredibly gracious hosts to us knuckleheads in the past. These are EXTREMELY difficult times, especially for companies whose products might be considered "discretionary". At my house Klipsch is essential, not discretionary.

I worked for a Klipsch dealer during the 1973/74 recession. Paul did all he could to hunker down, keep as many folks as possible employed, and survive. Klipsch will survive this recession, too, and eventually thrive once again. We just have to get through this tough patch.

Your offer to host a visit on Friday afternoon is great. I'm sure several of us will really enjoy the opportunity to see and hear all the new products you are announcing.

I would hope that you and the rest of our brothers and sisters at Klipsch will feel welcome to join all of us. Roadie's chief mechanic could even put Steven on the board in the park on Saturday. Gotta bring these kids up right. [;)]

Blessings,

Bill

P.S. If Coytee is there, please keep your ears covered. [:S][;)][6]

Thanks for the invite Amy, I'm sure some of the guys will appreciate it. I'm humbled to be able to offer some level of hospitality and grateful enough to not harbor hard feelings toward the company. I'm sure some of the current decisions of Klipsch management aren't their favorite way to spend their days. Nice of you to open the doors, perhaps a look at some of the refurbished museum pieces would be fitting for this bunch?

Fittingly, Roger was over today and was the first visitor to hear the mighty MCM stacks! We had the shop doors open, adjusted the speakers, found the sweet spot (on the seat of the Exmark! LOL) and listened to some Steely Dan, Diana Krall, and CSN&Y Deja Vu. Roger was digging on the harmonies and it was great to have another set of ears confirm the sweet tunes coming from an ALL HORN LOADED PA system.

just so we'll have more knobs to twiddle, I just bought a Peavey GateKeeper 5 channel gate (for drums) and another DBX compressor yesterday. Should be arriving this week so I'll get em in the rack and photograph for you guys so you can see the tools we'll be working with.

M

question- so if the covered stage area is 40 feet wide, can I use up 10 feet on either side for stacks leaving only 20 for performers?

Talked to promoter today, it's definitely teen bands and he said to expect about 2,000 people- woohoo

He's very impressed with the young talent saying 'they like to rock like we used to, no hip hop or rap'. He said 'one band of 14-15 year olds sounds like Aerosmith and has written an 8 minute song called 'Eye of the Llama' with multiple guitar solos.

This is gonna be FUN!

For the Broadripple gig...

have you been to the stage to look at it? You might want to put the PA to the left and right of the stage instead of on it.

Feedback issues for one but you also are going to be moving a lot of bands through there and you may want a dual stage area at least for drum setups.

You are going to be busy with your team keeping an eye on cable and mics. I will help you also buddy if I am available.

Let's THUMP IT!

with MCM's

there is no stage at the shelter building, in fact there is no FLOOR right now. The concrete has been jackhammered up so hopefully the parks dept will be rebuilding it.

If the promoter rents any staging I'm sure it'll be on the small side so I'll keep my speakers on the wings and ON THE GROUND where they belong.

Extra stage hands can be security for mics and such. I always color code them very brightly so we'll know if one tries to wander.

Tim says he'll bring one drum set and everyone will use that, so that simplifies life a lot. If we can get a back line bass rig that's two down.

It'd be great to have you on board Thumper.

I am sure we can whip up a killer bass rig some how. I have a 100 watt tube head that will work if nothing else shows up. Any one got a bass bin? I also have an Ampeg flip top jazz bass amp from the 50's but it is too delecate to put on the road anymore. I also have a full stack guitar rig if needed which would be overkill but could be used for two guitarists if needed.

It is time to vibrate some air!

Thump!