Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

Yes... That thing is built like a Cadilac. Chrome chassis, great box construction. It even has the schematic on the top board when you crack it open. I was so impressed with the build I think I want to buy another old Ampeg. I am thinking maybe a Reverb Rocket.

Still works with the original caps and leather handle! Sounds great with a guitar too. I currently have a JBL D130 in it.

I will post a picture when I find the one I took earlier with my pink paisley strat.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really happy to hear that there's going to be a gathering. I'm new to Klipsch but I've wanted to hear the heritage gear prior to investing in a set of K horns or LaScalla's. Count me in! Will anyone have a set of RF 7's to hear side by side with the classics? If not, I might just load mine up.

Pete Houtz

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to mention that I'm gonna have to dodge out early on Sunday...

Is the live show not happening anymore on Saturday? Or why is it all crossed out? I must have missed something in the middle of this thread?

What is crossed out is the original plan to tinker at Roadies (my shop) and listening sessions at The House of Klipsch. Instead we will be taking an enormous stack of Klipsch pro gear to a local park for a Battle of the Bands contest all afternoon from noon to 7 pm.

M

Sorry to be a dweeb here. I can fly up to indy on thurs night, but have meetings in toronto beginning sunday, i think. Is there a kinda, sort-of schedule yet? the info on page 1 has had a few rewrites... also, maybe i missed it, any maps, etc? i went to indy last june and had a blast.

if it is best to call someone or pm someome for more info, addresses, etc, pls let me know. also, feel free to email or pm me, thx

also, where are folks thinking of staying, etc, and do we have like a wiki list of folks thinking of coming?

always happy to provide steaks and scotch for couch space too. something about mardi gras beads...... :))

thanks all

Briefly, Friday night will be party at Roger's highlighting his LSI HT setup and 5 channel Khorn/CW in the living room

Saturday we'll all be roadies and take a mountain of my pro gear to a local park for a benefit concert 'battle of the bands' for some young folks. SHould be 10 band in about 7 hours. The promoter tells me to expect about 2,000 people.

Sunday might be listening at the House of Klipsch or more fun with pro Klipsch at Roadie's (my shop).

Reservations are kind of on your own. I usually try to put up those who can't afford hotels so don't know how much space is available here yet, but it's a fairly large house and we have air mattresses for overflow crowd. Page 1's list is pretty inclusive of anyone who's given any serious thought to attending.

Michael

Planning is progressing. Trying to get approval and bids for banners and Tshirts. Been building amp racks this week.

Mains rack:

DBX DriveRack PA processing

ComTech200 in CD horn eq mode for JBL stadium horns

MT1200 for KP362's for splaying to the sides of audience

MT1200 for MSM/MSSM using Klipsch passive eq

K2 for MWM-S double stacked

K2 for KP682 dual 18" bins

Monitor rack:

Ashley 2x31 eq

MT1200 - one channel to two KSM-2 (15") monitors for drums and keys

one channel to three KSM12 monitors for front line vocals

ComTech200 bridged to run another KSM2 monitor for total of 6 monitor cabinets

Spare amps in separate rack- two Crown XTI2000 (these might be used instead of the K2's, I have to give them each a trial run.

Crown PS200 at mix position (an amp I keep in my rig for smaller events) will run a KP262 for monitoring solo channels and effects.

post-10755-13819466256328_thumb.jpg