Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

Here's some of the jobs that will need to be done once we get setup...

...Up Load- as stage clears, gear will move from on deck circle to stage
via back stage left. We'll need to move mics into position in front of
guitar amps, plug bass and keys into DI boxes, and quick monitor
check.

Off Load- when an act finishes, we'll quickly and quietly help off load their gear to a clear area back stage right...

Beings that this rig will be in the big leagues as far as configuration and location of equipment...We are going to need 3 people to ring in the monitors. Michael on the board to set pull up mics and optimize trim/gain, me on the EQ at the monitor amp rack, and someone working the mics. We could do it with two people if we move the monitor EQ to the FOH position. This might be better since you can drive a hotter signal down the snake to minimize noise. You would need to find another rack for the monitor, but that is not a big deal for you "Mr. Michael I Like Racks".

After we get the monitors stable from feedback, if you don't mind Michael, I would like to help you dial in the EQ on the drums along with your help on the reverb for the drums.

It would be good to get a drum tech on the drums to optimize tuning, etc. Don't for get some carpet for the drums so they don't slide around and an additional riser like we had talked about.

This is gonna be fun!

post-20592-13819474792116_thumb.jpg

The AutoFocus was on Thump, you just have to hold still long enough for the 1/30 shutter speed when indoors! LOL

I think the Mackie board will blow plenty of signal down the snake line and I'd much rather keep the 2x31 band eq near the stage in case something needs tweaked during performance. I think it's easier to ring out using an old school graphic from the stage position.

I can tune drums but might have my hands full- can any of our other Roadies tune a drum kit? Tim is going to use one drum kit for all bands so we'll want it to be a good setup and I certainly could use help eqing them up in the morning. I'll ask Tim to bring some spares too in case one of the kids gets rambunctious. Probably want to have a spare snare (most guys will probably put their own up on stage), and spare heads for everything else. Some drummers might want to swap their kick pedal or a cymbal or two. Have to talk to Tim about how much customization we can allow for the purposes of keeping things moving.

I'll talk to Tim and brother Jeff about additional staging. Jeff used to take down antenna towers in the neighborhoods and paint em white for lighting and staging trusses. He also had some platforms of angle iron with expanded metal welded together. So we might get some of those for either drum riser or additional stage space.

Might add a splash of lighting if we have enough clean A/C power. I have Ultimate support stands and can make up a couple of 2xPar can bars that would probably suffice to splash a little light on the faces.

P Thump enjoys Colter's vibrating lawn chair.

I think I actually said there was "too much bass" at one point. Colter stopped and gave me that evil look. I think it was the first time he had heard that come out of my mouth.

yeah, at that point I was certain that the sun had baked your brain [*-)] [8-)] [:$] on Carb day. Aren't you the one who was telling me how much the bass 'went away' at outdoor gigs and that I'd better bring everything I had? Professor WHAT?

whew- 4 hours this morning assembling the three NL4 cables for the 'long' side of the stage 50', the other side is 20 foot cables. 6 yotal, 2 each 11 ga, 13 ga, 16 ga.

I made up three brand spanky new mic cables today with that PE blue cable so we'll know which ones to use for the all important vocal lines. one at 35 and two at 25', with the new style Neutrik brand XLR's too!

Michael, Roger, Trey,

Looks like I may be able to come after all. I am planning on riding the bike as long as the weather looks fair for the weekend.

The kicker is I will need a place to crash. I could come up Wednesday night or Thursday.

I am trying to meet with a friend that works for Rolls-Royce on Thursday or Friday.

Sounds like it going to be a good time too.

Steve

Steve, missed ya at Larry's this year. I think there's room at The House of Klipsch for ya. We can even stable your bike if it promises not to drip oil on the new show floor, mmk? Rolls is in Zionsville, not terribly far from here. Show up when you can.

Thanks Michael,

If it leaks oil I'm taking it to the dealer its not even a year old, and right now it only has 3400 miles on it. Could park it on some cardboard just in case too, it is a Harley ya know. I'm talking about the Rolls-Royce Aircraft Engine plant. I believe its just east of the airport.

Steve

I was just kidding with ya about the oil.

RR engine plant is not far from here either. Everything close by in Indy. In about 30 -45 minutes you can get anywhere. If you look at I465 like a clock, I'm inside the loop at 2:00, airport is outside loop at 8:00, RR is inside the loop at 8:00

RR engine plant is not far from here either. Everything close by in Indy. In about 30 -45 minutes you can get anywhere. If you look at I465 like a clock, I'm inside the loop at 2:00, airport is outside loop at 8:00, RR is inside the loop at 8:00

Yup...my Dad works at RR - Old Allison Plant 5, it and Plant 8 are off Raymond Street. Convieniently you can get on and off 456 using the old Airport Expressway there on the west side (it "turns into" Raymond). Be aware, the west side of 465 has some pretty major construction going on between 67 and 56th Street, but going from the RR Plants to either Klipsch Headquarters or Colter's place (is there a difference in that nomenclature [^o)]) is probably only a 20-30 minute proposition.

Mike's right though, you can get most anywhere in Indy within 45min using 465.

Hello all and hello Amy Unger:

Please put me down for what doings are at Klipsch on ? Friday.

Anybody considering letting me have some couch space could benefit from mass quantities of Mardi Gras beads, prime steaks, and scotch (not that I would know about alcohol, living in the French Quarter). I can fly up late Thursday (if arrival would be real late, I would just get a hotel so as not to bother you) or early Friday, and would leave late Sat or very early Sunday. Just be kinda nice to hang with someone.

If anyone is thinking of splitting a hotel room, cool too.

Also, any nice B and B's in north Indy?

Thx. Feel free to email me or PM. :))

Well, NUTZ!! My plans to join my roadie brothers in Indy haved been dashed. Two clients changed meeting times on me. Now I have to be in Iowa on the 11th and in North Carolina on the 14th for meetings on the 15th and 16th.

This is most disappointing. Y'all please take lots of pics . . .

[:'(]

Looking like I might have to welch on my comment about showing. Builders are just about done, have a punchlist to deal with and then I get to start working on healing the yard which (gasp) is usually done on weekends.

Not likely now that I'll be able to show but it's not 100%

[:(]

Perhaps if someone could steal a surreptitious picture of Amy's earlobe it will make it better? [A]

Was it something I said? JK, hopefully not...[:$]

Sorry to hear about the change of plans guys. But business is business and I surely understand about working with contractors after my experience last fall.

Those who ARE coming will have more fun that those who are not. At least I hope so. But everyone has a busy summer, so best wishes for whatever your plans are.

Michael