Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

The color of a roadie t-shirt is sort of a catch 22 for outdoors then? Lighter colors show the sweat much worse. Black gets hotter faster from the sunlight. But Michael has writ, "black it is". It's for his roadies after all and very good points are made for black. Really don't need for everyone to see the sweat.

As long as it is cotton.. Go for it...

Some of the athletic shirts are made to wick the sweat off of you.. but they also cause sweat too...(It's true) LOL...

I seriously think most of us do not have the buff 18 year old type bodies... with 6 pack abs,... Most UnderArmor shirts fit tight... I think we need some extra room... No body contoured sports shirts for me.. please. LOL

I have no problem with a 10- 15 dollar or for that matter 20 dollar shirt at all.. Part of this is just to have fun...as well. Where else would I wear this to anyhow?

Anyone think of baseball caps too? hahahaha Boxers or briefs? Poker chips? This could get silly fast! And yes, I am kidding here!

BTW, The purpose of this thread was to get interest and get a head count... SO........

If you want to come to the weekend (JUne 12-14th 2009) and join us, please say so here. Were still looking for a head count too! Thanks!!

As long as it is cotton..

I prefer all cotton too. Just more comfortable to me.

No body contoured sports shirts for me.. please. LOL

I might stay home if I'd have to wear one of those.

I have no problem with a 10- 15 dollar or for that matter 20 dollar shirt at all..

I'd prefer 10 - 15 $ but still be willing to shell out $20 (but grimacing, for a t-shirt) but a very limited edition one of a kind t-shirt. Might be the most fun one could have for $20. I'm sure we've all blown $20 or more for less fun.

Where else would I wear this to anyhow?

EVERYWHERE man! Conversation starter! Remember, Colter is something of a rock star... we can help get the word out. And give a bit of a plug to Klipsch Professional as well.... now if they just would get back into the pro sound reinforcement biz.

Anyone think of baseball caps too?

I did. Early on. But now I'm wondering, maybe do rags? could also have something cool printed on them? Maybe someone can find some Klipsch do-rags? Do roadies wear caps or do rags? Or headbands? June can get pretty hot... might want something to keep the sweat out of one's eyes. Along the same lines, blocking the sun out of the eyes is a good thing too. Just as long as we don't get too stupidly expensive.

Maybe the caps, do rags, or headbands for those of us who just don't have proper hair that needs to be covered up?

Yes I want to come! I'm planning on coming! And I want the officeal Roadie's roadie t-shirt.

All this sounds great, count me in for both events. Rats I was trying to move my car show to the 6th. I will get my schedule ironed out somehow.

My car club has shirts printed up for our events. Let me know and we check them for pricing etc...if you like?

If you want to come

I would love to come but can't afford it right now.

That's a good thing y'all are doing, helping Colter help the endeavor, pro bono.

If I hadn't mentioned, the entire event is pro bono. No fees, no tickets, just music in the park- for the young people of the city really. There is a teen organization involved, I'll find out more today.

For me it's really a chance to have some fun and fly the company flag. Maybe they'll be a banner in it for the shop?

This is gonna be fun. I'll start detailing the system in upcoming posts so y'all get your drool bibs out.

BTW- the MCM system is fully charged, buttoned up, and ROCKING THE SHOP baby! YEAAAHHHH

Michael

question- so if the covered stage area is 40 feet wide, can I use up 10 feet on either side for stacks leaving only 20 for performers?

Talked to promoter today, it's definitely teen bands and he said to expect about 2,000 people- woohoo

He's very impressed with the young talent saying 'they like to rock like we used to, no hip hop or rap'. He said 'one band of 14-15 year olds sounds like Aerosmith and has written an 8 minute song called 'Eye of the Llama' with multiple guitar solos.

This is gonna be FUN!

LOL.. Yes, to your question.. Use the space yourself.. the kids will rock out, and 20 feet is fine..

When is the last time most bands had 20 feet wide to perform on anyhow? Improvise!!

But you will not need 10 feet, just put them to the edge of the stage, whatever it is.. it is.... They can have the rest! The MWM bins are not THAT wide!! LOL

The key is, can they stand on, lean against, climb on, do the rock n roll thing on your speakers? It is not like they can move a MWM bin leaning up against it.. LOL.