Indy Fest 2009 - The official site thread

Those who ARE coming will have more fun that those who are not

I'd have to back him up on this. I'm still wanting very much, to hear Colters MCM stack or what ever else stack he has stacked.

Hmm... if Colter could stack a stack, how many stacks could he stack?

[:^)]

I'd like to tentatively throw my name on the list, plus one! I'll be having some company for part of that weekend here in Chicago, but should be able to make the pilgrimage for at least one day or night.

I would also like to mention my thread in the garage sale section:

http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/120513.aspx

If anyone coming to the Pilgrimage has interest in my Ninja Scalas (new marketing-minded name, Hope you like it) I could certainly find a way to bring them

Best,

Seth.

Ninja Scales- dig it.

Love to have ya down, the more hands on deck the easier it is for everyone's back and gives us all a chance to hang around and listen to the music or enjoy each other's company on Saturday.

PLUS, the park's city pool is open so bring your swimmies and cool off guys!

Michael

Hello All:

I have to decide which day to come up. What doings are there on Friday and where (besides the flooding caused by canonball Colter....). Also, is the Klipsch corporate office and such going to be open to us. If so, at what time, etc.

Have to plan this due to getting airline tickets with 7 day advance purchase and finding a place to stay. If not much is going on Friday am, may fly to Peoria Thurs night and drive to Indy Friday afternoon.

Thanx

See page 1, probably a get together Friday night at Roger's for pizza and drooling on his HT setup. You're more than welcome to hang here any time. I'll just be puttering in the shop which can get pretty interesting. Sunday same deal- decompress from the show, listen to multiple setups here. I probably will just allow a free-for-all so we can just hook up whatever and have a listen.

I've got sofas and air mattresses here for a couple guys if you don't mind bachelor living. Steve is the only one staying so far for the weekend and he has 'Doc's Room'.

Peoria to Indy is a bit of a haul but you'll be fine.

See Amy for info on any Klipsch offerings. I'm out of the loop on that but an invitation has been offered.

• Moderators

FYI, Prof Thump will be greeting and coordinating, but we will plan on seeing anyone who wants a tour of the engineering facility here on Friday the 12th from 3 until 5. If anyone needs directions, please email me!

You know you're OCD when...

you wax your horns.

So, does waxing reduce sidewall friction as the "bubble" travels down the horn? Wink

Even more technical than that Bill.[8-|] makes it easier to wipe off shop dust [H]

mmmm Carnuba mmmm

Amy and Prof- Thanks for BONUS ROUND for early attendees of the IndyFest 2009! We appreciate Klipsch's involvement for this loyal group of fans! [Y]

As a bachelor, I would be happy to crash at your pad. PS, is the place certified earthquake proof by the State of California? Please PM or email me with your taste in Scotch / Whiskey / steaks, etc. so that mass quantities may be dutifully consumed.

Thank you kind sir. Would expect to leave Peoria by noon Friday and leave for Toronto early Sunday.

:)

• Moderators

Gee Amy,

I wasn't going to spring that news on them and scare them away.  I wanted them to have the false sense of illusion that your grace would be present during the event on Friday. 

We will have a Palladium P38 True HD set up, and P-39's in 2 Ch mode to listen to along with HD 300, HD500, etc...

Oh I'll be here :)

We will have a Palladium P38 True HD set up, and P-39's in 2 Ch mode to listen to along with HD 300, HD500, etc...

Man I hope I can make it.... more for the Saturday In The Park gig but I'd love to hear the Palladium rigs (I have heard P-39's in 2 channel and they are SWEET) but it would be kind of cool to see how close the lowly (in price anyway) HD500 compare to the P-39's. That was the goal as posted over in Paul's blog a few weeks back.

For example, we recently challenged our design and engineering teams to take the same approach used developing our $20,000 per pair Palladium
speakers, but along the lines of $599 per system.

Seriously, I"m sure the P-39F stomp the HD500 but I'd bet the HD500 comes closer than any other 5.1 speaker system for $599.

And to see Professor Thump and Miss Amy.....

I'll be there. SWMBO 1 and SWMBO 3 still agree that I may go. Might there be some additional crash space avaialable? Can't really justify a motel room. Of course if I'm pretending to be a roadie, maybe I should sleep in something approximating a tour bus seat? Though sofa, recliner, sleeping bag on the floor, etc will work fine.

Thanks. I'm sure the HOK will be a lot more fun place to stay than a motel any day er night.

I suspect I better bring plenty of diet Mt Dew for Saturday morning (I'm afraid the diet Rock Star is probably a bit too strong for me) and plenty of something without caffiene for Friday night so I can sleep at least a couple of hours.

Visited the park today with the promoters, more on this later but it's getting exciting.

GUYS- would you please check the list on Page 1 and confirm if you are coming and when you are arriving in Indy? Amy would like a count of people who would like to visit Klipsch on Friday afternnoon. This will be the only time over the weekend that the facility will be open to visitors and the company has been very gracious in inviting our guests over for a few hours tour of Engineering. I think it will be mostly listening sessions so that should be fun.

Michael

Ok, this is a very independant festival, begun 5 years ago by a musician wanting to give back to the community and give young people something to look forward to and to have some fun in the arts.

The MySpace is http://www.myspace.com/teenartsandmusicfestival and they've had over 3000 hits so far. We're expecting 2000 people. They had 1000 last year in a little dinky park with a day half filled with rain. There are three band samples to listen to and some photo albums. Remember, these are TEENS, some as young as 15, who have enough guts to get on stage and slash it out.

We've discussed power, security, first aid, layout, and everything looks GO for June 13 in the Park. I can't wait.

There will actually be a small 'acoustic' stage that we'll set up also so some of you guys can be soundmen there if you like. It'll be simple stuff like vocals and guitar mostly. There is 400 feet between the two shelter houses with lots of trees so it'll be interesting to see how far the main PA carries.

See you in Indy the weekend after next! Remember to confirm your attendance and let us know what time you'll be arriving in town. And I'm sorry to report that I wasn't able to create any Tshirts or banners for us. Amy has provided us with a Klipsch banner to fly and I have logos on all the gear.

For easy identification, [Y] PLEASE BRING A KLIPSCH TSHIRT (black preferred) or two with you. [H]

The park has a pool very nearby so if you'd care to take a dip and cool down, dress accordingly.

Ok, I'm going back to my solder station....it's never ending.

Michael