Cat broke my turntable dustcover!

Cornwalled

Greetings,

Well, the other day, my cat decided to sit on top of my turntable, and the fat little critter broke my dustover! Can you believe it? She really is that fat! LOL. She broke it clean in half. So, now what do I do? My turntable is a Denon DP-23F with a Shure M110HE cartridge, and it works perfectly. I have an Audio Quest Sorbothane mat, as well as sorbothane feet. The mat is starting to pick up dust now that it isn't covered.

Any thoughts on what to do with feline mishap? I still have the cover, and am wondering if it can perhaps be glued together? I dunno, kind of at a loss of what to do with this...lol.

-Jon

As a temporary measure you can use some duct tape, then you could try gluing it back together using WeldOn #3 which is a glue designed for acrylics. You will also need a syringe to apply the glue.

Or you can simply buld a new one. Here's a link to a detailed descriptionon building plastic dust covers I put together that has become a sticky over at Audio Karma:

http://www.audiokarma.org/forums/showthread.php?t=149130

• Moderators

As a temporary measure you can use some duct tape, then you could try gluing it back together using WeldOn #3 which is a glue designed for acrylics. You will also need a syringe to apply the glue.

Good idea, you will still see the crack and repair but you could always cover it with something like ...cat fur. [:o]

• Moderators

Any thoughts on what to do with feline mishap? -Jon

Yeah; lose the cat and buy yourself a Swiffer. Tongue Tied

Or get a stronger dust cover and put Swiffers on the cat for auto dusting ! [Y]