My Cornwall II Speakers

I finally had an opportunity to purchase some Cornwall II's on Ebay last week. Luckily they were located within driving distance and was able to pick them up. So far I've listened to Jazz and Buffalo Springfield and was wanting to give my personal opinion on these speakers.

First of all I am driving them with a a McInintosh 75 watt MA6200 solid state integrated amp. The first thing I noticed was how easy it was to make them shine. The volume barely goes past the 4-5 mark. More importantly the best thing I discovered was the dynamics, especially with jazz. As you're listening to the subtle strikes on the cymbals and the bass quietly dancing in the background the drummers every increase of volume especially loud accents are really felt in the room. I've honestly thought maybe street sounds or someone outside was making these "thumps" I was hearing, It was that realistic to me. Closing your eyes to these speakers are a real treat. I am now a Klipschonian and happy to be here.

Klipsch Cornwall II

A couple years ago I had my HS tennis team over for a barbeque and played that cut for them. They just stood there with dazed faces. It could have been because they were shocked that such and old fart would dare listen to music that loud but I think it was the Mac and Cornwalls. I love the drums but it's pretty cool when that bass kicks in too!