I need headphones for night listening, suggestions?

trashyrich1157

I have pissed the GF off one too many times watching movies after she has gone to bed. I need to get some headphones. Any suggestions? Are the wireless ones worth it/do they work?

I really dont want to spend mega bucks here as I will be using them so little, and I do the majority of my music listening thru my main system.

Thanks in advance for any help and advice.

I was hoping to not go over $100, I know that will limit me on performance, but I dont see a reason to blow alot when I will be using them so little.

I might just try the earbuds my mp3 came with and some adapters and cord. Dont kill me for considering this option.

How much do those run. They look great.

I know we should first suggest the Klipsch in the ear types. They are very good.

That said, I wanted something just good enough and bought some $20 Jensens from www.partsexpress.com

They are not available any more but these http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=248-741 are pretty similar.

I like the classic sealed back and just a wire feed.

On convenience, my issue that the earmuff style are easy to take off when you have to get a glass of water or any other task. You can move around with wireless but I just though the extra equipment, batteries, etc., was more than I wanted. OTOH, if you are well back into the room you might need headphone extension wire and then, you are getting into a situation where wireless might make sense.

You might want to try the $20 solution and see if it is enough.

Let me suggest you go to parts express, search for headphones, and sort by price.

Wm McD

I'd recommend the Image X5 if you can handle having a cord and the price.

Spectacular sound.

Very comfortable.

But personally, I've had the Custom 2 since they first came out and now also the Image X10. I like the Image X5 better but too big for my daughter who also loves the Image X10. Both the Custom 2 and Image X10 are AWESOME. The Image X5 are even better with my short experience. The Custom 3 are supposed sound the best of all but I still like the Image X5 better... smaller, more comfortable to me at least, and easier to get a good seal for good bass.

They are all quite small and unobtrusive. The Image models, especially the X10 pretty much fit in your ear canal.

All of the Klipsch in ears are very very good. But not wireless if that's a requirement. I've not idea how well the wireless ones work but suspect the wireless headphones themselves often aren't really good. That said, I think Sennheiser or some other respectable brand did or does make a wireless headphone.

There's a lot of info on all the Klipsch IEMs in this seciont but you may have to select the Options on the main Headphones page and select option to show all posts as it defaults to most recent 2 months.

Well, the Custom 1 go for $129 I think but occasionally they're on sale for maybe $99. Sign up for the Klipsch newsletter and check in here and announcements.

Hey. The ear buds are a good option if they get the job done. I just can't stand any ear buds I've tried.

For under $100. Grado SR60 are hard to beat sound wise though not the most comfortable but they do sound very sweet. Grado is a great company who really stands behind they're products. The plug went bad on mine, pretty new at the time, but I had hacked it off and then found the replacement I bought from Rat Shack was too small to fit the cable and I didn't know which wire was which so I called Grado and ended up talking to John Grado. They asked that I send them in so I did and returned good as new in like a week no charge other than sending them in. Probably a defect, but the kids may have stepped on them in the van (never let young children use your good 'phones).

Quite a few years later, I think I've owned them well over 10 years, a plastic piece had cracked where a metal rod is inserted but they still worked but got to where they wouldn't stay together. I emailed Grado to ask about gluing with plastic epoxy including several pictures. I think a good plastic epoxy would've worked fine but they asked that I send them in, came back quickly with improved beefier pieces on both sides and repaired and/or replaced the headband as the vinyl was separating. In fact, they'd still be my first choice in headphones as I'd used at work on a daily basis for 12 to 13 years before attending the 2007 Pilgrimage and getting totally blown away that Klipsch was introducing in ear 'phones and got a set of Custom 2 when they first became available. And I was thinking of upgrading to a better set of Grados before then anyway. And if I had way too much money to spend, I'd get a set of those cool wooden Grado 'phones and probably a Grado headphone amp.

And my Klipsch do sound better, but it's not really fair as I'm comparing much more expensive IEMs to relatively inexpensive $69 over the ear phones.

The Grado are open air so if you like listening, loud then might not be the best choice as being open air the sound does leak out. Not a problem with the Klipsch IEMs which also are good at noise reduction.