What Jazz Are You Listening Right At This Moment.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popped the seal on these three today.

So did I. Amazing, isn't it? Everytime I listen to records of this set I think to myself: "this cd-vinyl discussion has ended!" Now really! (Looking for a smiley hiding under a chair, the way to react to a nuclear blast nearby)

Popped the seal on these three today.

So did I. Amazing, isn't it? Everytime I listen to records of this set I think to myself: "this cd-vinyl discussion has ended!" Now really! (Looking for a smiley hiding under a chair, the way to react to a nuclear blast nearby)

They are unreal, are they not? Each one seems better than the last!! This is the only Blue Note series (of many and many) that accurately captures RVG's engineering.......... with one exception..........they turned up the piano just a bit which was needed IMO.

Right on Gary! I wished I could afford the Impulse series as well. I hope to be able to cherry pick... Listening to Tina Brooks now. Sorry no pic. For some reason my internet is not working well. These are times I really wonder if it's the Chateau la Nerthe or the music that's intoxicating. In this case must be both!

Tim,

Unlike Allan, I can't afford a nice original copy of True Blue although I doubt its value was so high when he bought his first copy. Fortunately for us, the new 45 blows away any original I could afford! I also listened to that one this morning. Great minds think alike! I also have a really nice reissue from '94. Looks to be about 180-200 gram and says "Mastered At Capitol" in the dead wax. Anyone know what series that was? Allan? Wasn't there a "Conniseur" Series at one time? I don't think it was Classic Records back in '94.

Those Impulse 45s look nice! I'll most certainly pick out a few but I won't subscribe like I have to the two BN series, particulary since my job situation is unstable. I'm not a huge fan of many of those LPs anyway. I'm guessing the covers will be beautiful though if they're anything like the originals!