Klipschorn for the first time!

BryceG.

Hello every one.

I just picked up a pair of Klipschorns for $250! Didn't know much about them, took them home and hooked them up to my Scott 299C, and whoa! what I sound! I never knew what I was missing. This Forum has been great to find info out on the horns.

Thanks!!

-bryce

299 is a good vintage. I am a Scott devotee.

You are hearing the tip of the iceberg on what you will find with strategic system improvments.

Good Luck

Rick

OK!! ok, ok, went I go home I'll take a photo, with fruit and all that on them, put the news paper in there too. it was $250 for the pair, not 4 of them.

Bryce,

To rob a phrase from Michael; Score Mang!!!!

Congratulations!! Welcome to the forum!! Come in, sit down, and stay a while.

Guys, I think rationality would dictate that when he wrote 3/4 K-horn in his "Volvo Wagon" that he was saying, 3 out of the 4 parts of a pair of K-Horns, meaning Two Top sections and one Bass Bin, and I still have a hard time visualizing getting that much in that car in one load!!! Anyways, again, congrats on finding a super deal!!

If you would like to see some photos of some very large and early John B. Lansing speakers that a friend of mine scored, send me an email at rgordon@watchtv.net

Roger

OK, OK... I formerly withdraw my declaration of shenanigans. Nice still life! [:D] Now you gotta do something about those corners... windows are'nt doing you any favors.

Those are nice resto candidates... Looks like curly walnut?

You paid $250 for those and they're only late 60s/early 70s "C" style in raw birch??? Sheeeesh!!

Just kidding of course. Very nice score and welcome to the forum! It won't be long before we begin talking crossovers, etc. Enjoy them while they are still practically free. Are you a student? Looks like a dorm room to me. I had my Cornwalls in college but never saw any Khorns in the dorms!

I had my Cornwalls in college but never saw any Khorns in the dorms!

I agree on not seeing many (any!!) Khorns in college but I DID have a pair of LaScalas and Electro Voice Interface D's in my dorm room!

This happens to be a picture my room mates took representing yours truely. Trust me though, they got my bad side...!

post-15072-13819454812798_thumb.jpg

I had a pair of L100 in college that made me feel like I was king of the hill, haha. I'm 27 now, still have the L100. These Khorns just seem to get better and better, I was thinking they might not sound good at all in that little room, and I'm sure you can make Khorns sound better than they do where I have them, but I'm still blown away by these. When I can bear not having them running for a while, I'll think about refinishing them, but that will have to wait for me to get tired of listening to these sing! Yeah, 3/4 of Khorns did mean two tops and one bass bin in the wagan, sorry for my confusing posts.

I always check CL for good deals, I almost pasted these up, the add was up for 10 minutes, and said "pair of Clip Horn speakers" I bet his phone was ringing like crazy after I left.

Bryce,

at some point you will meet the ONE. She will be into music. She will never mention the Khorns and all will be fine. You will think she shares your passion for music and music reproduction. You will be half right.

And then it will happen. You will think that it was your decision to down-size the speakers. It will not have been. Women have jedi powers they do not share with anyone.

Forewarned is forearmed. There is no one single answer to save yourself from this path. All I can say is good luck, and Sith are merely misunderstood freedom fighters.

Peace,

TommyK

• Moderators

Or just find one that says is that all the speakers you have, we need something bigger and better, i'll even pay for them ! [:P]

I will go out on a limb and say you got a good deal ! [:o] [;)]