impatient, wanting SS - Matching RS-42 with RF-83?

White_Hawk

How would rs-42s sound with my RF-83s? I think I'll be ordering a rc-64 in the next month, and will be buying rs-62s in the future, but not immediately. There are some used 42s selling near me and I was wondering how they would hold up paired with the 83s for a few months. As soon as I bought the 62s, I would sell the 42s for the same amount I'd be buying them for now...

thoughts?

I have the 42s matched with the 83s and the rc-64. While the placement isn't ideal on them (room issues), they sound very good to me. I haven't heard the 62s so I can't really draw a comparison between the two, but if you can buy them now, try them out, and sell them for no loss (if need be), why not? God forbid you actually like them and decide to keep them, and in the process save yourself money NOT buying the RS-62s. I say give it a shot.

John

PS I spoke to a klipsch associate on the phone some time ago about this very issue. I had the same concerns I'm sure you are having right now. He (I don't remeber who I spoke to) told me that there wouldn't be a huge deal between the two. Yes, the 62s would obviously be better, but since the rears don't get that much of the soundtrack anyway, it wouldn't be a night and day difference. And that's coming straight from Klipsch.

John