FFT Analyser for Ipod touch Iphone

Guest David H

Guest David H

I have been running the FFT analyser on my IPod Touch gen 2, and thought it is a tool worth voicing on the forums.

Due to lack of microphones for the Ipod touch Gen2 I had to build an interface for connecting different mic's.

post-24405-13819454797018_thumb.jpg

That is unreal. I have two FFT analyzers for work in my machinery business. They cost a heck of alot more than that! Will it store alot of measurements? I must investigate.

Tell us more about your microphone setup. I'm just all about it I tell ya!

Guest David H

Tell us more about your microphone setup. I'm just all about it I tell ya!

I am using a few different mic's, a calibrated mic for my home theater , a condenser mic I made that plugs in directly to the IPOD, a labtec computer mic, all seem to work nicely. I have not been able to get the EMC 8000 to work yet, as it may need a preamp not sure yet.

My wife has an Itouch 2nd gen. But I dont know squat about microphones. What would you suggest that look for that has compatibility with the Itouch?

Or what microphone do you have that's working properly and what would I have to do to make it happen for me?

This just amazes me to be honest. Thanks for sharing.

Guest David H

My wife has an Itouch 2nd gen. But I dont know squat about microphones. What would you suggest that look for that has compatibility with the Itouch?

Or what microphone do you have that's working properly and what would I have to do to make it happen for me?

This just amazes me to be honest. Thanks for sharing.

I made my own mic adapter, but this one is readily available. Out of stock

http://touchmic.com/products-page/ipod-touch-microphones/touchmic-mitymic---voice-recordinginterview-mic/

Here is one Fritz found, I think it is a mic as well as an adapter. http://www.target.com/Philips-iPhone-Microphone-Adapter/dp/B0015C5CSM