FFT Analyser for Ipod touch Iphone

Guest David H

Guest David H

What driver is on the Trachorn? Is that showing the return response of a K55 out there around 8K?

It is a K-55, but the response falls off drastically at 6k. -20db at 7k

post-24405-13819454848338_thumb.jpg

Guest David H

OK, maybe I'm over thinking this. Don't we need a known 20 to 20K hz resonse on the mike or is that a given?

20-20k is a good mic to shoot for. The best mic I have is a Behringer EMC-8000, and its a good mic, but its a bit pricey for this application.

I am not sure I understood the question about the mic.

Guest David H

Can I ask what kind of network you are running?

I assume you are inquiring about my crossover network? Its a JW Cullison design, I believe crossover points 400hx and 5000hz.

Let me ask about the mics this way: If I buy an XLR mic, whats got to happen to connect it to the Itouch?

Below is the link for this application with Itunes. Checkout the SPL meter and a list of other applications by the same developer.

Also a test mic is coming for the Itouch/Iphone that will better suit this app.

http://appshopper.com/music/fft

Sorry for all the questions. I like your mini analyzer for sure. I was wondering what we were seeing at 8K......that return response. Now that I know the networks you have it makes sense. It looks like the return response on an ALK ESN. Normal.

Guest David H

Let me ask about the mics this way: If I buy an XLR mic, whats got to happen to connect it to the Itouch?

Dont know, I haven't been able to get my XLR to work with the IPOD.

Below is the link for this application with Itunes. Checkout the SPL meter and a list of other applications by the same developer.

I also have the SPL meter, and the signal suites, all of which work nicely.

Guest David H

Sorry for all the questions. I like your mini analyzer for sure. I was wondering what we were seeing at 8K......that return response. Now that I know the networks you have it makes sense. It looks like the return response on an ALK ESN. Normal.

I understand what you are getting at now. The first 2 photos I posted we through the crossover, the rest were pink noise fed directly into the amp and measurements were taken. please keep in mind these are in room response readings that can be causing artifacts.