Subwoofer not coming out of standby mode

palmerj

2 hours ago, Basie said:

Hi Guys,Needless to say I have the same problem with my Polk 660 sub. My question is, Can I connect my sub in such a way that I it bypass that auto function. It seem to to me that all those auto signal detection functions is no good?

TX

Basie

If it has a switch that simply says "on" give that a try.  Otherwise there may be a Polk Audio forum that could help. 

2 hours ago, Basie said:

Hi Guys,Needless to say I have the same problem with my Polk 660 sub. My question is, Can I connect my sub in such a way that I it bypass that auto function. It seem to to me that all those auto signal detection functions is no good?

TX

Basie

you would to rewire it as a passive speaker into an external amplifier

• 1 year later...

I have the subwoofer plugged into a R-15PM.  Occasionally I get the subwoofer to kick in by using the R-15PM remote and pressing the subwoofer reset button.  However, that doesn't always work.  Very frustrating.  

...later after more experimenting - I am now wondering if it is R-15PM and that is the cause of the problem since I can regularly reset the subwoofer and then crank it up with the remote and then the subwoofer will suddenly kick in.  It seems like the R-15PM or subwoofer forgets that it is on and goes to sleep and has to be activated again before it kicks in).  I just want it on all the time.

Edited by SteedMaker

Okay, Klipsch support is not responding to my queries (started that before Christmas) so I have taken things into my own hands.  Since turning the subwoofer off and on is the only sure way to reset the subwoofer, I have decided to use a power switch or something like the item listed below and turn the subwoofer on and off manually to reset it - it is s pain but I think it is the only way - the remote is not working consistently:

I wish it had a light on the switch so I could visually tell if it was on or not.  Does anyone know a better solution?

Edited by SteedMaker

10 hours ago, SteedMaker said:

Okay, Klipsch support is not responding to my queries (started that before Christmas) so I have taken things into my own hands.  Since turning the subwoofer off and on is the only sure way to reset the subwoofer, I have decided to use a power switch or something like the item listed below and turn the subwoofer on and off manually to reset it - it is s pain but I think it is the only way - the remote is not working consistently:

I wish it had a light on the switch so I could visually tell if it was on or not.  Does anyone know a better solution?

That sub is nearly 25 years old I'd suspect this is just the beginning of more problems. Good news is Klipsch has some decent subs for fairly cheap now a days if you want to replace the thing. I'd just try and get by with it until you can replace it myself good luck.