LSI photos

colterphoto1

Seeing as how I'm currently proud owner of 3 pairs of LSI speakers, I thought I'd go through them and post some photos.

Here's the inventory- LSI-BG splits purchased from Detroit eBay. One of my first Klipsch purchases in the collection, I visited Picky (my first Forum visit) while in Detroit. These are staying!

LSI- al trim pebble paint splitmodels - these were purchased off eBay also and were near Dtels. Although I'd never met them I knew they were very cool and they were kind enough to pick them up for me and audition them for a few months in their home. Later a friend of mine was doing a vehicle pickup for his work so he went down and collected them for me. They've been part of a double stack- impressive but rarely used set in my garage/shop. Since they're really no longer needed I've agreed to sell them to longtime Forum beggar RPlace. JK, but he's been persistant in letting me know that when I'm ready to sell.... So they're going away on Monday (tears up a bit). Photos here are mainly so he has something to drool on for the next week.

Another set of one piece LSI-BG was purchased last week from a guy who is tour manager for Aerosmith, Moody Blues, and others. He lives all the way in Greenfield IN about 30 minutes away. These have received tweeters with new diaphragms, a pair of matched (yes I tested them) K55V, and had everything checked out. One of these had been painted flat black as they had been in a Las Vegas club previously. So I"m slowly getting them cleaned up and ready for SALE. $750 takes these beauties home!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's all 6 as they stand on 3/12/09.

Rich's are very pretty, the previous posts were details of the amost ding-less Pro Klipsch that I've ever seen. That's one reason I wanted to sell them. They are too nice for me to haul around and damage and I'm really not using them with another pair, KP301, KP362 and everything else in the shop.

post-10755-13819454982564_thumb.jpg

here's the four pack of splits from behind. Black Glass in the foreground. Notice where the first flare is used to create a recess in the LF bin, that's where the dual banana jacks are and it also forms a handle for transport. Just grab the horn in front by the other hand and lug it away!

post-10755-13819454986538_thumb.jpg

I had done the rope caulk mod on two of the horns- guess which two? Time for a switcheroo to get Rich's back to stock. This shows the 1/2" motorboard with bevel cuts on the ends that holds the K400/K55M and the K77M tweeter. Note that drivers are all attached with bolts and nuts- In LSI all drivers are attached this way- no pan head sheetmetal screws are used.

post-10755-13819454987118_thumb.jpg

I'd never seen one of these before so I removed it and photographed from all angles. Complicated beast, innit? There's an autoformer, three other high powered iron core inductors, two air core inductors, caps in 30, 8, 8, 2, 2, 2 values, and a resistor. There is also the zener diode protection circuit for the tweeter.

Whew. I wouldn't want to build one of these.

Don't worry Rich, I put it right back where I found it.

Note- the caps are NOT leaking. There was no leakage or corrosion detected in any of the four networks that I examined today.

post-10755-13819454989818_thumb.jpg

Here's Rich's LSI split Al from the front. The pebble paint must have been shot a bit thin on the tops of the HF cabs. There is a slight bit of paint popping off. In fair disclosure I always show the worst of the cabinets before consumating the sale.

post-10755-13819454990448_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...