Just listened to the RF7's with an RSW15!

Manuel Delaflor

All I can tell is wow. The RF7's sound very wide and open, the clarity is outstanding by all means, and Im sure they can sound still better (they were coupled to an HK AV receiver), which don't have (in my view) the power necesary to really drive them to their limits (bass was specially "weak"). Of course the real bass was provided by the RSW15, impressive sub to say the least. I took my MP3 devices to the test sesion (and a couple of my favorite classical CD's) and made a tone test, the RSW15 keep going right to 21Hz with plently power, below that it just "dissapeared".

Now, one of the thinks I really liked about hearing those RF7's was that my good old Heresy's are not noticeable behind them!! At least in my room, and in their current (really studied) location, I think Im not missing that much. That is good news for my wallet! Wink.gif

The sad part was my "poor" KSW12, it is WAAY behind the RSW15, all that he can is put sound to around 26Hz in my room, far away from the authoritative 21Hz from the RSW. Frown.gif

Thanks for the positive review on the RSW-15 and RF-7's. We've been getting lots of praise.

A quick comment on the sub. The design of the RSW series is such that they offer lots of output and go deep in the bass, but are not intended to go below 20 Hz. This is a design tradeoff that makes sense as Klipsch subs have to keep up with high output Klipsch main speakers and to trade output above 20 Hz for output below 20Hz would not make sense.

Glad you're enjoying Klipsch. I would have to say that they, and possibly JBL, are the last of the mainstream audio companies that still make top notch products. Also, Bose sells many times more products than Klipsch, yet, probably many times less money go back into R&D, so go figure!

BOSESmash.gif

KLIPSCHBiggrin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by deang:

You're kidding right?

Why do you say that? I made clear that my setup is really well made and that the RF7 will sound better matched to a real amplifer, what I didn't say (but I though was implied) is that when you listen to speakers with the dealer they are not properly positioned (at least this was my case) to explote them at full.