promedia ultra 5.1 ...dead?!?

prodigyk

well i have a ultra 5.1 and today before work which is around 730pm i had music playing and whatever...but before i went to work i turn it off and everything went smoothly then when i got home around 5am there is no sound coming out of the speakers...the control module is on and working fine along with the button to switch over to headphone...and my headphone does work but when i switch back i dont hear anything from the speakers...i can hear a flip sound inside of the sub...can anyone help?!??...i love my 5.1!!

I have had issues with my amp, had the original replaced just after a year for free thanks to Klipsch, the replacement failed 3 months later. They claim its not a common issue, but I beg to differ, there were threads after threads of people having issues with their Ultra 5.1, they have since been discontinued quite a long time ago, no doubt because the design was poor and the amp was not designed by Klipsch, so there ya go!

My amp has been hissing on and off for several weeks now and tonight I thought id switch it to HP(headphone) mode thinking it would leave the amp in a normal state but let me effectively mute the system without turning it off. To my surprise(somehow) it didn't work and now its got a high pitched whine to it and its a huge hit or miss if leaving the power cable unplugged for an hour or all night or simply turning the system on and off several times would cause it to function.

Guess its time to find a schematic and get sodering... sad too, best PC audio system made and the amp is a POS. But buying a 5.1 500W amp is around $500 so... in order to make the system affordable they had a POS amp from who knows where installed in the system.

• 10 months later...

I have the same problem, the light on the pod works and headphones work but no sound, when I turn the power on I hear the amp thump but no sound to the sat. speaker. I love this system and hate to toss it in the trash but I cant find any fix to this. If anyone knows who or how to fix this please let me know.