My new (used) Rotel RB-956AX

tommyboy

In case you didn't see my post in the garage sale sect, about selling my HK and picking this one up; I just brought this Rotel. She's all hooked up and I gotta say. Elton Johns NEVER sounded so good in my house before! It produces a very mild, tamed sound, which is exactly what I was looking for. My synergy's can be a little on the bright side. I'm running the front 3 with it, and letting my Pioneer push the surrounds and subs. I was a little surprised that the subs even sounded a little better. It's rated at a minimum of 90 wpc the way I'm running it. I'm slowly starting to not believe that my receiver pushes 130 wpc, even in 2 channel. Because this 90 wpc is easily the most power, providing the most head room I've ever heard or had on my system. Anyway, this one's a keeper for sure, and after testing just a few, my amp on a budget search is over! Now I just need to sell my HK before I catch an earfull from my other half!

One question though. All I had laying around was an extra coax wire, and no rca. I hooked the center up with it, and it sounds great! But is this a bad idea? Should I swap it out for a normal RCA?

post-16545-13819455193562_thumb.jpg

Well, I didn't want to use her movie to demo the amp. So....... I re ran the MCACC, and put in Hulk. OMG, what a difference! The Rotel really put the "theater" into my system. It's like a HT with an attitude now! It almost like I got an entire new system now!

I have no idea what you mean by addiction

IMG_2792.jpg

darn the screen is too small they won't all fit in

Falcon, that is a nice pic of you rear "surround" speaker wall, when are you going to take a pic of your main "front" speaker wall? [:P]

BTW coax is fine for RCA cables

• Moderators

I have no idea what you mean by addiction

You don't have an addiction, that's a disorder. [;)]

darn the screen is too small they won't all fit in

Yeah, for the large images to fit, you have to attach them instead of inserting them, then people can click on the image to view the large image.

post-27215-13819455248172_thumb.jpg

So, I'm doing a couple test drives right now, testing out the amp. She's on the phone, so I have Lord of the Rings paused. I'm watching it in DTS, and I am totally blown away by the new found............. theaterism here!!! It's like ROTEL stands for Really Outstanding Theater Entertainment & Liveliness! Even she noticed a big difference, and that's saying A LOT!!! Anyway, back to LOR!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1242439463&/Rotel-RB-956AX

Judging by this you got a screaming deal!!

Yeah I'm on Audiogon looking at Rotels. I need treatment. Think my health insurance will cover audio addiction?

Pick of the draw I guess?? Or maybe he some how didn't realize what he had???

And you don't realize what you're missing...

post-33518-1381945535333_thumb.jpg