klipsch rf 82 VS rf 63 whats the difference besides cost????

bekim99

hey guys quik question i have 82's with a denon 5800 and im looking to get 63's or rf 7's. anyways whats the difference in sound between the 82's and 63's??? theres no place even close to demo them so do the 63's put out more low end than the 82's even tho there 6"ers??? basically is it worth upgrading??? i listen to music and watch movies with my system. thank you everybody for helping.

I have only AB'd them once in a Sound Advice store. While impressed with 82's with HT and 2 channel, the 63's take the sound to a higher dimension. With a little cleaner bass and much crisper highs. To me the midrange was very similar but I would give the edge to the 63's. As far as cosmetics go, the cherry vinyl veneer is of good quality on the 82's but the real natural cherry wood veneer on the 63's adds a nice touch of eligance. Look for a deal on the 63's new or used if the bug has bitten you. As far as I am concerned, if you are happy with the 82's, use your hard earned $$$ and add some other quality components to your system. By the way, the RF-82's are a front runner in the "best bang for the buck" tower speakers around.

Here is a very good price on a used pair of RF-63's:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-Klipsch-RF-63-Speakers-Pair-Set-Speaker-Cherry_W0QQitemZ330315825446QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSpeakers_Subwoofers?hash=item330315825446&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1730%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I don't know if the cherry wood suits you.

Bill

What I meant was that in your profile with your main system you do not mention any surround speakers. Maybe add a pair of RS-42's or RS-52's and/or an outboard 3 channel amp using your Denon as a pre-amp. You would be pleasantly surprised how great those 82's will sound with a good quality(clean) 175+w amp.

Bill

My only personal experience is with a B&K Ref. 4430(200w). I am very pleased with it's sound and build quality. Others(affordable) to consider are Adcom,Parasound, Emotiva. Here is a Rotel for sale on Audiogon:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1242694797&/Rotel-RB993-200W-x-3

Also Emotiva has great "bang for the buck" amps. Highly recommended on this forum and others.

http://emotiva.com/xpa3.shtm

No affiliation.

Bill

the higher you go up in models, the crisper and deeper you will get with the sounds. now if you can hear the difference, thats a total personal question. your room and equipement also play a huge role in if you can hear a difference or now.

Hi all, I'm also looking (not too aggressively yet) to upgrade my RF-82s and use them for sides. My question is, how great is the improvement between the 82 and the 63, but also the 63 and the 83, and how much more would you pay for 83s vs 63s. I guess the better question would be "do you think I will regret not spending the extra dough on the 83s?"