Outdoor Speakers - Klipsch vs Niles...

jagangjee

Guy - in need of some help here. Looking into a set of outdoor speakers and I am not sure what to get given that I cannot hear any of these where I currently live. I have selected these speakers based on price range, specs and reviews but I am torn as to which sets to get. Not looking to share my music with the neighborhood, but I do appreciate quality highs and lows when I am relaxing out back during the spring and summer months.

These are what I am looking at:
Klipsch AW-500
Klipsch AW-525 (are these that much better than the 500's?)
Niles OS 6.5
Niles OS20

Any and all advice would be appreciated - looking to pull the trigger in the next day or so. Thanks to all in advance!

I just turned an old set of Heresy's into deck speakers. Bought them really cheap, and shot the outside of them with a bedliner coating. I had my wife make a set of vinyl slip covers for when they're not in use. These may be too large for you're application, but I guess the message is not to limit yourself....

I was deciding between 500s and 525s, and leaning towards the 525s. Then I came across a set of 650s and got a great deal on them.

Yes, they are more than I need, but they sound great and cruise at the volume I use.

Someone correct me, but once you move past the 500s, the 525s and 650s are front ported. I thought this might help in an open environment and the reason I was looking at getting at least 525s.